Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spanish ministers publicly promised to destroy Gibraltar...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cheekyscrip, Aug 27, 2013.

1. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

I never knew such hatred...
    They promised to detroy all we live off...the trade, the tourism , the bunkering...

I am just shaking with helpless anger...the amount of lies about us..weare smuglers of weapons, drugs, tax evaders and called all kind of names..
    there are groups who want to squat in holiday homes which belong to British working in Gibraltar..

the are no trips to Gibraltar any more...the lorries to deliver food and supplies are being detained...

to the point of patients waiting for medicines and equipment...

people are not served in shops , cars are being destroyed..property targeted...Jewish family from Gib had swastikas painted on their house...

Spanish flags planted underwater to "claim" our territorial waters..

when Spanish colonies in Africa have their waters todo as they please?

building materials not allowed to pass the frontier too...
    all about one small fish protection zone which was created next to our shore

because they must fish till they kill all...
    last time they caught ....80 fishes..!!
    nowt say...

the same time fish caught nearby in Algeciras was not sold and half of the catch - ten boxes! were thrown back to the sea...dead of course..

If Britsh people will not rally to counteract this...

Whoever cares about environment..or Gibraltar..or being British or simply human rights....

should not go to Spain or buy their fish ...

after allthat money they borrowed fro EU (read: your pockets!!!)...

so much hatred, so much venom.....beyond belief...

2. cheekyscrip

3. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

You will be OK, the Spanish like a siesta too much to be bothered

4. Colliebarmy

5. cheekyscrip

wish you were right...

but they need to offset the crisis the corruption..the separatists..nothing better than easy victory.....

what 30 mil can really do to 40 mln...they will squash our economy along with all the zone...but the people there are toostupid to see that if we have no money... and no jobs..we willgo to UK..and they will have to close the shoops , bars etc...

British tourists and expats are the main income of Spain...this the only way..if UK wakes up and actually ask politely to visit Bulgaria, Croatia or Gibraltar instead?

there is nothing really funny to dismiss it this way...

#5 cheekyscrip, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  6. rona

rona Still missing my boys

As per usual, our ruddy government is getting involved in some iffy trouble that has nothing to do with us, instead of protecting our own :mad: :mad:

7. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

Crispy, I wish there was something witty or comforting I could say to you - but there isn't :(

Thinking of you is all I can do - I just wish it was enough xxxx

8. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

It sounds terrible :( I really don't know what to say, thinking of you in this worrying time, keep safe xxxx

9. porps

porps Swollen Member

if i dont go on holiday to spain this year or dont buy spanish fish it will be just the same as every other year and so wont make any difference.

I know i said in the other thread that i dont really want us to go to war with spain but actually, i think it may be needed here. I also suspect that there would be a lot more public support for such action than there was for our war for middle eastern oil a few years ago, but i dont think theres enough profit in it for the goverment to be interested.

10. cheekyscrip

we do notneed any war..not at all..just enough to make people aware of what is going on...
    lots of people from UK goes to Costa del Sol. overdeveloped, plasticky and quite ugly anyway...

if Brits go elsewhere if Brits boycott Spain the same way Spain boycott us...

that is all ...if they start losing money ..hotel owners willmake the ministers sing quite different song...

but look pres wirte about Egypt, Israel..but lasa very little about us...

while Gibtraltar seems to take precedence in Spain over corruption, economy , unemployment...

Cameron could use to boost Britan's profile just like Margaret Thatcher..just by peaceful. legal means...

ignoring the very existence of Spain, their products and so on....

without British market they will back off..or people will force they ruling ultra right Franco lovers to step down...they are actually pround of being called Franco followers and ultranationalists!!!

I never realised till now how much sympathisers has fascism in this country...they actually post emblems from Franco era all over the fb...

11. porps

porps Swollen Member

well i hope something gets done for ya, i just dont know how viable it is to get a whole nation to boycott their favourite holiday destination especially if theyre already booked. I can definately see this having a big effect on spains economy in years to come, but sounds to me like you guys need more immediate help.

12. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

I'm sure the diplomats are busy in the background. The EEC won't allow it to escalate with the threat of withdrawl of funds as their main weapon.
    Unfortunately as with all politicians it will take time for them to shift their arses and do something.
    It's just a case of hanging in there until the big boys get heavy with them.

13. cheekyscrip

Gibaltar survived attacks of the whole Spanish army and armada...

(that is what bugs them still) and so we will...

meantime put down that Rioja!

and actually I know English floks who cancelled their hols in Spain..mostly, because did not want to hear any stupid comments and see Britain insulted in every TV news and every press issue..

14. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

sorry you are having such a tough time over there.:( I dont think Ive seen any news coverage about it here though.
    I certainly would boycott spanish goods....if I bought any!:eek:

cheekyscrip likes this.
  15. cheekyscrip

#16 cheekyscrip, Aug 28, 2013
  16. Colliebarmy

id close the border, shut it down, stay at home and sod Spain, lets see who gives in first cos the UK will fly and ship supplies in, anything sold to Gib by Spain can end.....

17. Colliebarmy

theres always holidays to avoid then, Spain, Canary Isles, etc, see who screams first cos Portugal, Italy and Greece, Cyprus, etc will be happy to welcome you

the tourist income if lost would far outweigh a few fish

#18 Colliebarmy, Aug 28, 2013
    cheekyscrip likes this.
  18. cheekyscrip

so did Franco...but that would hurt lots of people on both sides...

instead of that better if British just choose other holiday destinations...when big boys lose income then they will cut funds for Rajoy and PP?

and Partido Popluar will be voted out of power....back under the stone they came from under...

if instead 2mln they get ..half of them? will one million tourists make them rethink calling Britain in translation " The anal orifice and its products?"...

who does not believe: watch Spanish TV!

#19 cheekyscrip, Aug 28, 2013
  19. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

geez, sending you hugs noodle... and I cant do much.. but wont buy spanish olives anymore : /

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice