Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Southend, Essex Dog sitting exchange.

Discussion in 'Dog Boarding' started by Dextersdad, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Dextersdad

Dextersdad PetForums Newbie

I am interested to find out if there are any people out there who have the same problem as me in the Southend area, where we might be able to help each other.

I have an 18 month male Weimaraner called Dexter. He does not like being left alone and I'm not happy to put him into Kennels for this reason. I think there must be other people out there who also have a dog that needs this amount of commitment and I feel that if we could make contact, we might be able to build a situation where we could help each other with those times when it's impossible to take your dog with you. This might be a few hours, a few days or even holiday periods.

I know that it would take time to build this relationship and it might not work in every case but the I think that the long term benefits to us and our dogs could be very worthwhile.

I'd be happy to hear comments from people in the general Southend area.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

#1 Dextersdad, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. ukdogkennels

ukdogkennels PetForums Newbie

You would let strangers look after your dog?

3. Dextersdad

Dextersdad PetForums Newbie

When I saw your post I thought I must have been less than clear with my original post, not quite understanding how this all works as it was my first post on here. So I have just gone back and checked what I wrote. Having done that, I then couldn't understand why someone would post such an accusatory question given that I had been clear about having to take time to build a relationship between all concerned before being able to leave dogs with each other, but then I saw your handle / online name!

4. Weimerlover

Weimerlover PetForums Junior

Sorry can't help as too far away. When I had three dogs, one of which had terrible SA, we used Animal Aunts for when we had to leave them. They are insured, trained etc. TBH if you research youf kennels well, and go by personal recommendation, you may be surprised, we have to travel a little way, but have now found an excellent kennel, where Tyler has a great time.

5. didnof

didnof PetForums Newbie

Hi there, i have just posted a similar thread on this forum as i am based in sudbury. this might be a bit far for you, if not we have 1 small dog and 1 large dog, both are fine with other dogs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice