Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

South Vs North FB Status gah!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Jun 4, 2010.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

As you guys know my Mum's moving back down south so we'll be moving away from Lincs which is classed as midlands by most anyway.

One of my friends jokes how the south is the best anyway (in a very jokey way) and I'm having to delete comments off my status because people are ina fully fledged debate and some got offensive :eek:

I've had to delete two people's entire comments so it doesn't make much sense now. But they are saying the South isn't pretty and up North is the only place there is any countryside etc :confused:

I just don't get why people take things so seriously, I've actually ahd messages from people on both sides slagging each one off. In my form room they did a big map of unis and where people were going. They labeled the north the 'Glorious North' and the south as 'the Filthy, Dirty South' and it wasn't in a jokey way. I crossed off the filthy, dirty bit so it just said The South and omg all hell broke loose about that because the south is horrible :rolleyes:

I hope this is just some of the people in Lincolnshire (very cut off, in their own world and narrowminded some of them) as this is what I want to get away from :eek:

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

:eek: How did I miss this?!

North, South, East or West who cares?!

3. GoldenShadow

I'm not kidding its at about 23 comments now and Cal, Han, Vicki and me can keep it jokey but some of the others :eek: I've deleted one person as a friend over it they were that bad.

I just don't get it, I understand little jokes but this was nuts. It was a status update that my Mum likes the house she viewed..!

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Just saw. Looked pretty tame which is a shame lol should have left the comments there so I could have waded in with my size 7s :thumbup:

Some people are pathetic. I jokingly say I hate the English etc but there are some Welsh people I know (and probably English too) who despise the English. For what??

5. GoldenShadow

Daft init :rolleyes:

And it sure is tame I don't let my facebook page get dragged down with rubbish like that makes me look bad :lol:

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Fair do's. I'd be going nuts :lol:

7. GoldenShadow

Oh trust me you do not want to see my FB inbox and sent messages right now :lol:

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Of course I do :D

9. GoldenShadow

Haha stop tempting me to screenshot them, I mustn't I'd get in trouble if the people saw :lol:

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Nobody need know if you copy paste and send me a msg on FB or even on here ;)

Go on. I've already been called someone's inner demon today so I may aswell be yours too :thumbup:

11. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

I've never visited the South but I also believe North is the place with 'proper countryside'! I know I can't exactly say when I haven't been South but it just seems to me there is some sort of 'difference' that I can't explain :laugh:

12. GoldenShadow

See I feel that both have countryside but the southern side gets looked after a bit better whereas its a bit abandoned up north and not always in a pretty way, if you know what I mean? Lincs feels more Northern than southern and whilst rural and untouched some of it looks pretty awful considering its just left as it is but the south seems kind of more looked after..?

13. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Yeah I know what you mean we're all just left to do whatever up here. Trampy, but it's how I see 'proper' countryside. I guess in the end everybody will be different :rolleyes:

14. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

I live in the south, but i think you have the better scenery up north, although there is some nice coasts down south:thumbup:

15. GoldenShadow

Lol! See round here its like people dump things in the countryside and it gets left, whereas in the south people don't seem to do it quite as badly as I see up here? I don't know, its not like the south I've seen is really man made as its not...

See I prefer the coasts where I am more up north on the east coast and not as much down south but I prefer the countryside down south :)

16. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

I'd agree with you, I think the South is much more manicured and tidy. My OH lives in Bucks and a lot of the places there look very jigsaw/chocolate box-ey. As an ex lincolnshire dweller though and in these north/south debates I would always come down on the side of the north but they never got as heated as your fb one lol! Don't know why people get so het up about it.

17. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

yeh, but you've got the fells, the dales, the lake district, one of these days i'm gunna get back up there:D

18. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

where abouts in bucks? he must be posh like me:lol:

19. GoldenShadow

I really don't like the dales...the wolds I like but that's about it, they don't seem as enveloping as the dales. Lake District is nice but I think the north has a lot more not nice looking places than the south and so when it balances out for me, overall, the south comes out a bit prettier overall. It varies because I love parts of Lincs like the Wolds more than I will ever love anything in the south, but I think that's more because of the time I've spent there than what it actually looks like, if you know what I mean?

20. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Ha ha - yes he is a bit posh though he would say not. To me he sounds posh cos he says baarth and paarth.

Prestwood nr Gt Missenden - where you from then?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice