Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

"Sorry for overbooking..." // Cr*p apology, United Air re horrifying treatment of random passenger

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by leashedForLife, Apr 11, 2017.

1. leashedForLife

they APOLOGIZE for overbooking, but not for violently removing a man from his seat, banging his head on the seat opposite, & dragging him bodily down the plane's aisle. :Jawdrop
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/united-airlines-overbooked-flight-incident-10199440
    He's a Dr, was headed to Kentucky to return to home & work - & understandably didn't want to give up his paid-for seat.
    United's excuse was that 4 of their personnel needed to get to Louisville. -- So? -- Find another airline & trade favors. U sold the seats! :mad:

2. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

This was on our BBC main news. It was shocking. Hope they get prosecuted for assault. The bossman only seems to be sort of apologising since the share price plummeted.

3. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

"After our team looked for volunteers, one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily and law enforcement was asked to come to the gate"

I think they need to look up the definition of volunteer.

Absolutely disgusting, I've never said this before but I hope the man sues them. People should definitely boycott this airport too, horrific treatment of customers and there's just so many horror stories from people who have flown with them.

4. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

This was not an overbooked flight, it was a fully booked flight. Each paying customer had a valid ticket which corresponded to a seat number.
    The rest of the disgraceful episode was a result of company logistics, corporate idiocy and thuggery.

The airline chose to assault and forcibly remove a passenger who had every right to occupy the seat 'they' allocated to him.'

And then the cheeky 845t4rd5 claimed he was being disruptive.

I hope the Doctor sues United out of pocket.

5. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Well, if they try offloading me from the plane when I go to visit my family, you will see me on the news too!

;)

Absolutely disgraceful! :mad:

I know this was for "extra" crew this time, but airlines regularly overbook seats then ask for volunteers to go on a later flight.

Apparently, if you aren't time constrained it's a way of getting a very cheap flight cos they pay compensation ;)

However, the important word here is VOLUNTEER! :rolleyes:

Phone cameras can be very useful :)

6. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

Shocking treatment. I wonder if they would have done this to a white man?

7. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Do you know something Noush' that's actually the first thought that crossed my mind.

I doubt they'd have dared treat a 'white man' in this manner and so singled this poor devil out because they believed they could get away with it.

LinznMilly and SpringDance like this.
  8. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Wasn't at least one of the security guards black?

9. Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper Banned

Two were definitely black, can't tell the third on my phone. The poor guy looks oriental so could have been racist, although I doubt it, they were just thugs.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  10. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Could of been racial stereotyping in that he was forcibly 'volunteered' coz they didnt think he would make a fuss?
    I hope he sues the pants off of them. They behaved in a totally criminal way.

leashedForLife likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice