Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sorry for delay PICTURES SYDS BABES!!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by _soph_, Aug 9, 2009.

1. _soph_

_soph_ PetForums Junior

Thank you everyone for your congratulations and well wishes!!

Sydney really has put me to shame and shown how REAL women have babies!! Not like me who wanted to rest up for the week!! I have left her to it as she is doing such a sterling job. She has eaten LOADS today and her babies are thriving. She is very happy and proud....As am I.

I have been very groggy today and the whole evening of events seems a blur now....But, that I think is down to the alcohol rather than being overwhelmed!!

I really do feel VERY special at the moment...Even though it of course was Syd who did all the work!!

So here we go guys...INTRODUCING for the very first time....Sydney and her adorable babies...:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:

Attached Files:

2. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

ah how sweet, well done to the mummy cat :)

3. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

they are lovely well done and i think i am in love with that little black kitten (as usual). Syd looks like one happy mummy cat in her pic

4. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

So cute....lovely pics. :D

5. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

oh thankyou for sharing they re absolutely gorgeous!!! Syd looks like my cat. OOH its so exciting isnt it? Have you got names yet? They look a good size for a day old!

6. abbscats

abbscats PetForums Member

How fab, mom looks very laid back and happy with her little furbabies. Great piccys of babies too xx thanks for sharing xx

7. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Luvverly babies!!! I raise a glass to the mum and the Hon Mum'sMum (that's you)!

Pics: well what can you say about such new little lives apart from. ...bless! ?
    But I've never known when to shut up, and I see the first piccy is a tiny teeny Tortie Tabby in colour... so that will be a girl.

I am interested here, cos I have not seen any clear pics of mum... would I be right if I said she has a few gingery bits in her coat colour too?

The ginger kits will be, most likely, boys. the little black one could be either sex. I do like the pattern on the reddest one, he is going to be one handsome chap when grown up with his swirly red classic tabby patterned coat! There's still a chance the gingers might be female, and if they are then mum must have some ginger bits in places and dad was ginger too. If not, then daddy was black or tabby or anything non-ginger.

Then of course you could add into the equation that some of the babies have one dad and the rest another... no I won't go there... Kittens are fascinating whatever shade or hue they are and it's just my little peccadillo that I have to think and think about what colour makes what and i'm sad enough to admit things like that keep me awake at night. I'm a bit of a 'gene genie' when all's said, but it's far more fun than doing Sudoku :)

[Still waiting for Cuba to pop by the way - stand clear for a whole new thread, tee hee.]

8. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

they are stunning i want the tabby, well i want them all. Just think you hsve another one to go as well, it is so exciting.

Let us know wat names you pick well done to syd.

xx;)

9. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

lovely pictures how cute, :D

10. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Lovely. I love them all. :)

11. _soph_

_soph_ PetForums Junior

Merlins Mum - What an interesting post, I have no idea what sex the babies are, I will definitely have to ask the vet! You are quite right in assuming Syd has Ginger in her coat. She has a couple of flashes across the top of her back.

The kittens are thriving so I shall leave it a few more days to take her to the vet to check that everything is right - So at the moment unless there are any other theories I shall agree with you and name them accordingly!!

Thanks again everybody for your warm congratulations it is lovely to hear from all of you.:)

12. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

They are stunning such a variety of colours you must be sooooo proud.:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin::

13. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

its really quite easy to see what sex a kitten is usually when you next handle them, lift their tails its normally very obvious, if in doubt with any the vet will tell you

14. _soph_

_soph_ PetForums Junior

Right, I have found a thread of images showing the differences between them so I am going to have a go myself at sexing them...Ill let you know what I think they are!!

#14 _soph_, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  15. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

Lovely pictures :)

16. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Georgeous kittens

17. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Most totries are girls but not all. Most ginger tabbies are boys but not all, I think anyway.

18. Cat Lover Chris

Cat Lover Chris PetForums Member

Looks like Sydney had some fun with at least two different Toms! What a naughty girl (lol)!!!
    The kittens look lovely, especially the ginger one.

19. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

Awwww tey're beautiful, love te marmalade stripeees!!
    xxx

20. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

So cute, you should be so proud....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice