Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sorry - Another Question Re Neutering Male Dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by SallyUK, Aug 8, 2009.

1. SallyUK

SallyUK PetForums Senior

Hi Everyone

Hope you're all well.

We've been thinking about getting Digby neutered. I know it's probably for his own good and the pros and cons etc and I did want to show him at one point, but due to a lack of good Ringcraft classes around these parts, I doubt if that'll be possibe now.

Anyway, my question is (hope you don't mind me asking) how much did it cost you to have your boys done? I expect it's different depending on the breed, which vet you go to etc??

Thanks

Sal
    x

2. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

It will depend on how much the dog weighs at the time of the operation because the anaesthetic is the biggest cost.

3. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Not sure now how much it costs i know its not as expensive to neuter than spaying which is about £150ish ime sure its under £100 to neuter, much more if a intact dog has any illnesses through not being neutered as mine did.

4. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I have a Labrador and he's about 28kg and it cost me £85 to have him neutered.
    My vet is called Vet Animal House, but I think there's only two of them and they are in Warwickshire, they are also a non-profit vet.

5. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Our vets go by weight - I think it's about £87 for up to 15kg and goes up from there.:)

6. SallyUK

SallyUK PetForums Senior

Oooh I never realised it went by weight, thanks for all your replies.

Sal
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice