Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sore scabby skin

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Wiz201, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

My 5 year old black girl has been itching and washing herself more than usual in the last few days, so when she was sitting on my knee I did a quick check of her and I noticed where her fur had thinned a bit there was scabby bloody bits on it. Now, I did buy some Iams the other week just because it was on special offer, but I wish I hadn't now because I think it could be linked to that, as she wasn't doing it before. Any holistic treatments I can try before the inevitable vet trip?

2. sami87

sami87 PetForums Member

When I noticed Lily first over-grooming I tried saline, washing the sore bits up to four times a day. We still had to go to the vets after a week or so of this but hopefully you won't have to! :eek:

3. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

oh right, where can I get hold of some stuff? I would have to catch her in a very sleepy mood to do any sort of treatment.

4. sami87

sami87 PetForums Member

All you do is dissolve some coarse salt (preferably) into boiling water, then leave it to cool down before you wash the sores. The ratio is 9 grams of salt to every 1000ml of water.

I rinsed the skin off after with some normal water and then patted it dry.

Use cotton balls and don't use the same one twice.

Hope that helps :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice