Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sore on dog's tummy

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by sp8987, Jul 23, 2018.

1. sp8987

sp8987 PetForums Newbie

Hello,

My dog has had a sore on her stomach for a couple of months. Lately, however it's become quite scabby and tangling in with her hair. The scabby bit comes away when it's wiped. It's not growing in size. It is darker than the skin with what looks like a narrow long crater in the centre and can bleed quite easily.
    I need some advice as to what it may be and if there's any thing I can do before using the vet as a last option.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. BlueJay

BlueJay Made of bones

Been there for a prolonged time, bleeds easily and no sign of healing.
    I'd personally would have had this already checked over by a vet if it were my dog.

Owned by a dog and lullabydream like this.
  3. rottiepointerhouse

rottiepointerhouse PetForums VIP

If the sore has been there for a couple of months you really do need to get it looked at by a vet. It really shouldn't be a last option.

4. sp8987

sp8987 PetForums Newbie

Okay, looks like a trip to the vets then.

Thanks.

5. leashedForLife

umm, a trip to the vet should be a FIRST option any time the issue is beyond 1st-Aid level. :oops: "Last" can put a problem off & make it much bigger!
    Sooner is generally better than "later", no matter what the issue might be. :)

- terry

6. Jackie Lee

Jackie Lee Banned

I agree with what others have said, you need to bring your dog to vet for a sure answer of your question. We aren't vets here so we cannot recommend medications for your dog. Hope everything will be okay. Please update us soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice