Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sore mouth on my French bulldog

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Charlie5983, May 27, 2017.

1. Charlie5983

Charlie5983 PetForums Newbie

Hi all, I have a 4 year old French bulldog, she is wonderful loves people very energetic and I have absolutely no problems with her until now. Within about 2 days the fur around her mouth has gone and her skin is extremely sore and red. She has the vets on Thursday so I'll ask then, however, is there anything I can use to help it now? Looking back on the last couple of days I think she may have touched the fence I was painting with her mouth so could be something to do with that? Any ideas of something I can put on it to make it better that isn't going to hurt my dog if she licks it off? Tia x

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

What did you use for the fence was It creosote? Croesote if it gets on the skin can burn and is very painful I found that out myself years ago when creosoting a fence.
    I also think but haven't double checked that it can also be toxic to dogs. Can you not contact your vet sooner at least and ask their advice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice