Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sore Lady Bits!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by mr.stitches, Aug 1, 2009.

1. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Hi All

The other day I noticed that in each crease of skin on either side of Pips lady bits, it looked like she has been nibbling at the skin. It looked almost like dried blood, like she had been picking at it. Quite dark in colour.

She is totally fine in all other respects, I just wondered if anyone else had had this in their dog? There is not excess hair down there, she is cleaning herself as normal. Were not sure if she is over cleaning maybe?

Thanks!

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

cOULD BE OVER CLEANING HAS SHE BEEN IN SEASON AT ALL OR IS SHE NEUTERED. iT MAY BE WHERE WE HAVE HAD A BIT OF WARMER WEATHER AND SHES GOT A BIT SWEATY.

3. mr.stitches

Hi

She had her lady op a month or so ago...I dont want it to go nasy, but I doubt there will be any cream for it as she will lick it off! Should I maybe wipe her bits once a day with a wet wipe?

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

i WOULDNT USE A WET WIPE MAYBE WIPE HER WITH COOLED BOILED SALTED WATER VERY DILUTED. oNE PART SALT TO 10 PARTS WATER. aND MAKE SURE SHES WELL DRY. iF SHE LICKS TO MUCH COULD END UP WITH AN INFECTION OTHERWISE.

5. mr.stitches

Thanks! Ill give that a go, I dont want it to get infected as that wouldnt be nice for her.

Thanks!

6. RebeccaArmstrong

RebeccaArmstrong PetForums Senior

if you can put something on it and stop her licking ALoe Vera pure gel will clear it up in no time!!
    and if she did lick it off it wouldnt harm her

7. mr.stitches

Thank you Rebecca

I do have some aloe vera, wouldnt have thought of that one!

8. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

It can't be sweating, dogs only sweat through their paws, they don't have sweat glands in the skin of their bodies. The aloe vera should sort it out.

9. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ahh ok have heard aloe vera has healing properties to. Along with tea tree but not sure if they use it on dogs. I know head lice arent meant to like it. yuck...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice