Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

soooooo excited!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by kiara, Nov 7, 2012.

1. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

i have finally found a butcher who wants to give me hes scraps and bones. :D :D :D

today he only had 2 raw trotters for me. bt he took me out back to the freezer and he had cow legs and a lot of cow bones, am i right in thinking the dogs cant have these bones??

i have said to him instead of him paying for hes waste to be taken i will be more then happy to take it off of hes hands! :thumbup1:

2. Coffee

Coffee PetForums VIP

Yay for you! :)

Personally I won't give any beef bones at all... the way I see it is the risk of teeth breakages is too high and there's plenty of other, safer, bones available to feed that I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Some raw feeders will allow their dogs to have them, to knaw and chew on the meat and then remove the bones from the dogs once they've been stripped of meat but I wouldn't be comfortable with doing that... I suspect Alfie would be seriously unhappy to give up his dinner and he'd probably try and chomp his way through the bone anyway as soon as he was given it :rolleyes:

3. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Don't mind ribs but prefer calf ribs rather than adult. Definately avoid leg bones.

4. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

I give beef bones ALOT but my two are monster chewers and get through them very easily.

I have cows legs in the freezer from DAF but they are the WHOLE leg skin, hoof and all. They will get them but i will take the bones from them once they've eaten all the meat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice