UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have finally found a butcher who wants to give me hes scraps and bones. :D :D :D

today he only had 2 raw trotters for me. bt he took me out back to the freezer and he had cow legs and a lot of cow bones, am i right in thinking the dogs cant have these bones??

i have said to him instead of him paying for hes waste to be taken i will be more then happy to take it off of hes hands! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Yay for you! :)

Personally I won't give any beef bones at all... the way I see it is the risk of teeth breakages is too high and there's plenty of other, safer, bones available to feed that I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Some raw feeders will allow their dogs to have them, to knaw and chew on the meat and then remove the bones from the dogs once they've been stripped of meat but I wouldn't be comfortable with doing that... I suspect Alfie would be seriously unhappy to give up his dinner and he'd probably try and chomp his way through the bone anyway as soon as he was given it :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.