Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Soooo sad

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by srhdufe, Jul 22, 2009.

1. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I was driving along today when the car in front of me suddenly slammed on his brakes and swerved..
    He'd hit a little cat...
    It landed in the middle of the road and i almost hit it myself too...

I immediately stopped the car and jumped out to see if it was ok...

It was awful... :(
    Its leg was so badly broken that the bone was sticking out...
    I ran and got a blanket out of the car to wrap it up but it was just too late...

The poor moggy had passed away :(

I'm absolutely heartbroken :crying:

It annoyed me that all people could do was beep at me (and a couple of other people who stopped to help) to get out of the way as we were blocking the road..
    "Its only a cat" someone said! :mad:

The cats owners came out and one of them seemed upset but the other wasnt bothered at all...

How could they be so cruel?! :(

I was shaking and crying so badly i had to turn the car round and go home..

I still cant stop crying :crying:

2. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

aww i am so sorry xx hugs you did all you can

3. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Aww poor wee thing :(

((hugs)) for you

R.I.P little one xx

4. Aww how awful :( atleast you stopped and tried to help it, it's more than some people would have done, as for the person who said; "it's only a cat" I'd have been done for assault I think :mad:

R.I.P little cat xxx

5. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

That is so awful!

Well done for helping this cat.

How can people not care at all, it's a living thing.

6. Angelic1

Angelic1 PetForums Member

That is sad :(
    Poor little cat! Really nice of you to stop and help...too few people do these days!

7. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

That is terrible :( hope your ok now X

8. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

aww poor cat, you did all you could and very good for stopping. hope you are feeling ok now.
    RIP - little one

9. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Oh what a horrible experience for you but very good of you to stop to try to do what you could for the poor mite. RIP kitty.

10. Angeli

Angeli PetForums Senior

This is what makes me angry :mad: - it's as if a cats life is worth nothing. If it had been a dog instead then no doubt that would have been a different matter. :cursing:

As for the uncaring owner, I would have gladly given him some verbal abuse. No doubt he's probably already searching for a free replacement.

Thank you for stopping to help the poor cat - its not a pleasant thing to go through.

11. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Thanks for all your support..

I'll always think of the poor little baby..
    Where it happened is just round the corner from where i live so i have to drive past it every day... :(

I'm sooo sad.. but i'm glad its pain ended quickly... :crying:

12. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Awww, im so sad right now, that was sooo sad! :(:( And for those bloody people who just couldnt give two ***** thats what pi**es me off the most! Im glad someone stopped, and someone caring like you! You did everything you could! Well done xxxxx

13. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

That's really sad, I lost both my cats last month to cars! It does make me angry that people don't stop so well done but it must have been awful for you to have witnessed it. I still remember my driving instructor telling me that you never brake for an animal unless of course you know for sure there is nobody behind you but many times a rabbit or bird etc has run out in front of me (I live in the fens!) and you just can't help it as it's a reflex. I am sure if you were endangering other drivers you wouldn't have stopped where you did so those people were just being ignorant. As for the owner not seeming bothered it could be that they were in shock so try not to be upset about it. They could be crying now like you! Try and think that if it wasn't for you that kitty would have died on it's own but because of you it was with someone that cared! It will take time to get over, be strong and try to remember the good you have done not the loss that you saw!
    Sharon
    x

14. Lumpy

Lumpy PetForums Senior

I can really understand why you are feeling so shaken up and upset.

I saw a cat just after it had been run over - it was in the middle of the road jerking all over the place. The van that had hit it didn't stop. A man went and picked the cat up and I stopped and got a blanket and gave it to him. The cat died but it was clearly in so much pain it was a relief when it stopped jerking.

Then the cat's owner ran up and started crying. The guy carried the cat back to her house and we wrapped it up in the blanket. He left and I went in and made the woman some tea with loads of sugar. She 'phoned her husband and I stayed with her until she was calmer. I then went to work. When I got there I started shaking and crying and I still have the image of this poor cat in the middle of the road. It is an awful thing for any animal lover to see and it's natural for you to be upset. I can't understand how anyone can be so heartless as to say it's 'just a cat'. Grrrrrrr!!!

15. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

My mom had this happen to her on her way to pick me up from work. The car just kept driving while she and one other lady stoped to help it. It sadly passed away. They found the owners place and from the help of another resident of that street they left an message on the ansering machine with thier phone numbers and maybe the next cat they get should be indoors (the house is less then 10 ft from a highway) They were also toldd it was the second cat they had lost in 6 months (it was only a baby)

this is way both me and my mom wont let our babies outside.

16. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

That is really sad. Well done for helping the cat and showing her one last act of kindness.

17. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

What a sad thing to happen!
    You did your best. You cared and now your grieving,
    This is what animal lovers like yourself do it's in our nature.
    It's just such a shame that there are not more of us about. The world would be such a nicer place.
    As for the person that said it's just a cat. I wish we could just exterminate them like they do in star wars!!:cursing:
    R.I.P little cat and run free at Rainbow Bridge.

18. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Oh no how awful for you. So glad you stopped, alot of people dont bother !

It's not the same thing but I remember I ran over a squirrel once and I was mortified, I cant imagine what you are feeling but you did all you could. Shame the owners didnt appreciate it or their cat!

19. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Awww that is so sad. I have seen it happen before outside our old house, my husband cradled it in a blanket then its passed away i was gutted, Good for you for stopping, as for the person that said its only a cat i think i would have punched them.

RIP Little one xxx

20. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I nearly did punch him but he drove off..
    The cat looked exactly like the one in the first pic of yours...
    Sooooo cute! :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice