Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sooo nervous!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by HollyM, Jun 22, 2010.

1. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

I'm going to collect my kitten (Walter!) on thursday and i'm sooo uptight about it, posibly due to the fact i have such a long journey to undertake (Belfast to Glasgow and back again). I have M.S so therefore get extremely tired really easily, and considering it will be such a long day maybe that is why i'm anxious!
    Does anyone have any comforting stories of collecting a cat from a distance that might calm me down? Thanks.

2. ellie.p

ellie.p PetForums Junior

We're collecting ours on Thursday too, and we're very nervous! Ours is only 30 minutes away though, so not quite the journey you have!

I can't give you any specific stories of collecting cats (this is our first ;)) but I can sympathise with you - I have M.E/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which isn't the same as M.S, but has a lot of the same symptoms. I'm lucky enough to be recovering now, but I remember that when I had something big to do (going out with friends, taking an important exam) I just had to summon all of my willpower and energy and strength and just GO FOR IT, and try not to worry too much about the effects afterward. I always felt tired and ill, and had a few days of recovery ahead of me, but the feeling of having achieved something I wanted to do was amazing!

You may be tired when it's over, but just think how wonderful you'll feel too! You'll have a new kitten, and a couple of days of anxiety and exhaustion is worth 10+ years of happiness with your new "baby", right? :)

Hope all goes well for you! :D

3. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Thanks ellie.p, that's made me feel a bit better!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice