Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sometimes...........

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by springerpete, Oct 4, 2013.

1. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

.............photos' that are not technically perfect can say as much about the subject as those that are spot on. This evenings walk and the light was failing rapidly but I took a few optimistic shots of the boys having a silly ten minutes in the woods and managed to grab these. Not the best pics in the world I'd be the first to admit, just could get the shutter speed over about a 30th of a second. Still, I think they display the speed at which the lads can cover the ground when they've a mind to. To the photographic purists among you, my sincere apologies, I'll try harder next time........

Attached Files:

2. Labrador Laura

Labrador Laura PetForums VIP

Your boys are so handsome,
    those last 3 photos are lovely.
    You must be very proud of them both :D

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Jealous of your weather Pete, it was stinking here. Still getting warm!

4. springerpete

Thanks Laura. They're not bad if I say so myself.

5. springerpete

We had a rubbish day yesterday but the rain held off for most of today, trouble being, and I'm sure you're finding this, is knowing what coat to put on, it looked like it might rain this evening so Rose and I put on our waxes, it didn't, and as you say, it's really warm and sticky. Not too pleasant.

6. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Yes, it was damp and muggy this morning...looked like we would just be in the low cloud and drizzle this evening so didn't put full waterproofs on and......I spent a couple of hours in the constant rain. Oh well, the boys enjoyed it!

There's Rudi.....going for the double feint run in before jumping on Kilo!

[​IMG]

7. springerpete

Excellent George......Curious, is there much game in those woods?????

8. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Lovely photos again Pete, the blurry ones are what my piccies tend to come out like even when Indie is sitting still - I seem to jog the camera when I press the shutter :eek:

Dogless, I love your photo too, nice action shot :)

9. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Your last 3 pictures are stunning, I now have a black and white boy springer of 18m old too, so looking forward to working both my boys.

10. springerpete

Great, good luck with him, let me know how he gets on.

11. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

The forest is at about 1000 - 1500ft above sea level; it extends on both sides of the road for a fair number of miles and the elevation increases. The part we were in tonight is distinct from the rest as there are fenced fields on three sides and a road on the the other. It only has a few wild goats in it and wild duck at present.

The rest of the forest has some wild goats in, no deer BUT it is surrounded by grouse moor for miles and miles - the odd grouse strays into the forest but not many. There is a big poaching problem in those parts. The farmer and Game Warden welcome us walking there so that poachers may be a little deterred.

Most of the other forests around the area have deer in - in fact one is a deer sanctuary - but not this one.

It is boggy so absolutely teeming with frogs at present and there are a great number of heron, birds of prey, foxes etc etc - I have met a slack handful of people in almost two years so the wildlife doesn't have much fear of humans.

12. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Look perfect to me springerpete. Beautiful dogs surrounded by equally beautiful scenery :D

13. springerpete

Sounds like my kind of place.

14. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

It is mine - I love it. There are so many different walks to be had and we are always discovering variations on routes; even if you do the same walk 5 days in a row so much has changed as well you and the boys know it does. It is so quiet you hear the birds' wings beating the air.

15. chissy 15

chissy 15 PetForums VIP

Really love the photo's , especially the last one :) they look like right posers :D

16. springerpete

Trust me, the big 'Un is. He has this ability to appear to be looking down his nose at the world in general.

17. springerpete

I( shall be on that ferry one day George, you see if I'm not.

18. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Springerpete and Dogless I am so envious of you both, I live in the suburbs with countryside so close but not on the scale that you do. I would love the peace and tranquility that you have to be able to witness the wildlife through the seasons. Still, it's not to be so please don't ever stop telling me about it on here.

19. Mollyspringer

Mollyspringer PetForums Senior

Going off the (lovely) subject a bit, is it me or are there many less black and white springers around? Molly and I see many springers, all liver and white. I'm sure I'm yet to meet a b/w one? Love all the photos by the way!

20. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

You have done it again, haven't you ? Lovely photos showing your dogs off at their best, the speed of two healthy dogs, I can see then in my minds eye dashing about having a glorious time and posing, waiting for you to let them off again, to have another frantic chase.

Dogless, I am so envious of you and your dogs in that lovely place

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice