Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sometimes it scares me

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tinaK, Jan 21, 2012.

1. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Earlier I was thinking just how much Clover relies on me and trusts me for everything. Also like how I have all the power (if that makes sense)

She gets fed when I say, goes out when I say, goes for walks where I say. She trusts me 100% to look after her. Sorry not making much sense. Just hope I don't ever let her down to the extent she is unhappy with me.

2. Mollyspringer

Mollyspringer PetForums Senior

She will never be unhappy with you. You're her Mum, she dotes on you, as my Molly does me. The fact that you take such good care of her shows what a wonderful doggie owner you are xxxxx

3. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Thanks :) I guess what I am saying is that the utter trust she has in me scares me sometimes. I never want her to be unhappy or scared with me

4. Mollyspringer

I know what you mean about the complete trust thing. I think we're very lucky to be given the opportunity to care for our lovely dogs. It's always a huge undertaking to look after any sort of pet. The trust they show us shows how happy they are and that they would never want to live with anyone else xxx

5. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

Do dogs feel emotions like we do? Like do they feel fear/love/sadness/etc like we do?

6. Mollyspringer

I'm not sure about the sadness, I know they feel love, and happiness-I know Molly's always happy to see me. I always get a Molly smile when I come down in the mornings or when I come home from work. I'm sure some dogs feel fear-though hopefully mine never will. Some people say that dogs can pick up on moods etc, I don't know how true that is though xx

7. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

oh Clover def picks up on my mood ( I've got Bipolar) and that's why I'm worried. I worry when I'm not well, my low moods effect her, and make her unhappy. And also I wonder does she remember all the chaos of when I got admitted.. my obviously been upset and all the people in the house, etc

8. Mollyspringer

I'm sure she knows that all the 'chaos' was in fact people trying to help you. If she does pick up that you're feeling low then it wouldn't affect her like it does us. Dogs must have a very short term memory for things like that. As the saying goes, they bounce back quickly. When Molly has been poorly lately, she still manages tail wags and cuddles so they can't be too affected by adversity. Clover knows you love her and care for her and in her world that's the most important things to her. I too have experienced depression in my family and know how awful it can be. I do feel for you. Molly and I send you lots of supporting hugs xxx

9. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

I know what you mean... Its the same with me, Molly is feed, walked etc when I say, and she also trusts me to do what is best for her. I get scared sometimes, cuz I don't want to ever let her down and break that trust she has with me.

10. PennyH

PennyH PetForums Senior

I have recently come out of hospital and my husband did everything for the dogs whilst I was in there. Since coming out, I haven't been up to walking them until this past week, and even now they are not getting their proper walks - just shortened versions.
    I know I am very lucky to have my husband who looked after them for me whilst I was so ill, but to be honest it has done his relationship with all of them the world of good. Although they were close to him before, having to do everything for them whilst I wasn't here has really made them closer to him - if that makes sense.
    It is a big responsibility having dogs - I think that so long as when you are at home and with Clover you love her, she will be fine and when you are not there - although you will miss each other - it will be lovely to have a home coming when you do come back.
    Hope this makes sense?!

11. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

I often wory that my lot dont get as much as some dogs but then i think of all the dogs in rescues that would love what i can give them. Ollie is very tuned into me and when i'm down he will give me big hugs and do silly things to make me laugh. He has the most stupid expresion when he does anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice