Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Something's wrong with my pig HELP!!

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by laurenbeautyroom, May 3, 2011.

1. laurenbeautyroom

laurenbeautyroom PetForums Junior

Hi
    I have two rescued "micro" pigs. Today they were in gardens as normal and was quite hot anyway when I came to take them back in their field for their food Poppy would not move. The other pig is totally fine. She turned down carrots which she never does, Eventually she moved back into the field but was really slow, she normally runs everywhere, she was all wobbly and went straight in her bed in the stable.
    She is making funny noises like a cough. She doesn't feel hot, she doesn't have diarhea. She didn't have any food and just got in bed.
    Her nose isn't runny either.
    Is it heatstroke or something worse. I'm really worried she was fine till maybe 2-3pm today then at 6 was obviously unwell.
    Any advice would be great I am very worried.
    Thank you

2. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

best advice i can give you is to get a vet to her now, it really sounds like she needs to see one, heat stroke wouldnt make her cough, she may have an infection of sorts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice