Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Something wrong with my new cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Lisa M, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Lisa M

Lisa M PetForums Member

I rescued a siamese at the weekend and we have noticed her back claws are permanently out. Even when she walks or is asleep. Is this going to be a problem for her?
    Doesnt seem painful though she does walk differently to my other 2 siamese. Light on her feet. What you think? Straight to vet?

:(

2. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

I'm not sure what would cause that but I would take her to the vets to make sure there is not a bigger problem with her, better safe than sorry I say :)

let us know how she gets on if you take her :)

3. Lisa M

Lisa M PetForums Member

I will. Thanks :D

4. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

If she was mine, she would be straight up to the vets, Its obviously not normal in cats, so Vets :D

5. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

She may need them clipping,however if your not familiar with this then yes take her to your vet or a pet groomer:)

6. may

may PetForums VIP

It sounds like she has never had her claws cut:(
    I would get the Vet to have a look at them and cut them for you as the quick could be low down:)

7. Lisa M

Lisa M PetForums Member

Thankyou so much for the advice.

She is going for a full MOT tomorrow :D

poor thing. She is REALLY shy. If we get up from the couch quickly or make a noise she runs and hides. She rarely comes out from her little hidey bed thingy :(

Im assuming it will just take lots of time and TLC. I dont know what shes been through thats made her so scared :(

8. Siamese Kelly

As you say Lisa it just needs time for her to train you to serve her and for you to understand her wants and needs, if you'd just moved in to lodge with a complete stranger you'd be quite cautious too. I'm sure when she realises(and she soon will:))that your happy to serve her and serve her for life-you'll be the very best of mates, getting what you each need to from the other:)Though watch her coz as soon as she realises how spoilt she'll be trust me she'll play you like a goodun:D:D

9. Lisa M

Lisa M PetForums Member

Haha. Yeah my two boys do that already! Thanks for all the advice :D

10. Siamese Kelly

Hi Lisa:) Just wondering how your little lady is diddling? All good i hope:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice