Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

something.. well sorta great ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 3 red dogs, Jul 3, 2009.

1. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

happened last night..
    I gotta admit, it freaked even your Favourite Red Dog out..
    It Involved Facebook.
    now i'm not a great user of face book, actually it confuses the life out of me,theres so many options .. and i being 43 now, the modern world of tech does leave me behind a bit.
    But last night, i got a messge from a long long long lost friend
    her name is Ros, and i knew her, at was was then 'Infant school' god i'm old
    She was in the 4th year, and i was a year below her, so that makes me 9 years old.. geez, how do remember this!!
    anyhow, she contacted me on facebook the other night, and OMG!!
    let me explain.. at 9 years old, i guess you can say she was my 1st ever 'girl friend' as far as it goes at that age. and although my house was at least a mile further away from the school then hers was, she used to walk me home every night because i was scared of 'the big boys' one in particular, she used to put me on her saddle of her bike and wheel me home every night, and then ride home after she dropped me of at my house.
    In approx 1985 she dropped the bomb shell that she was moving to Dorset, and that i would never see her again, i was devastated, after she moved, she wrote to me on several occasions,but only being a wee kid, almost still in shorts, i never got round to replying, and without blame, she gave up writing.
    Last night was great, weird, unreal, exciting, and sad all at the same time. It was great to hear from her 34 years on.. i really hope we stay in touch now!!
    Have any of you had, what i can only describe as 'ghosts from the past' catch up with you.. in a good way i mean..
    she was clearly something speical to me, and it was great to hear from her.

2. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Aw thats really nice, hope ye stay in touch as you say shes very special to you!:)
    cant say ive had any experience like that as im only 18, but hope to have the same experience you had!:)

3. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

awwwwwwwww thats great!

i hope you find many things to talk about about your past and present.
    i keep telling people that facebook is a wonderfull thing. i hope people read this and believe me now lol

4. Melysia

Melysia PetForums Member

I find that I'll be thinking of a friend from a while back and the next day they add me on facebook. It is VERY weird as it's happened to me about 5 times now!

5. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

i had friends add me there .. but this one was totally out of the blue.. and of course friends reunited.. no one i was excited about.. this this was a bit .. well speical i guess!!

6. Debi

Debi PetForums Member

i got in contact with I girl a taught/mentored when i first started teaching (17 yrs ago). she is 30 now!!! nice to know how she has got on in life though.

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Aw that's wonderful :D

An old friend recently got in touch with me (going back 15 years!). She still lives in my area apparently and I never knew!

8. kerrybramble

kerrybramble PetForums VIP

my real 'grandad' contacted me out of the blue! he has never really been a part of my dads life and i only ever met him twice! well he has moved to tailand and has a tai wife called sanagwee (da for short) and her 8 year old daughter! well just before he left where we live to go to tailand he was clubbing every night and hanging out with 20 year old druggies (this was only 2 years ago apparently) so in my first ever email from him, he randomly added in the old 'dont do drugs' speach! what a weirdo!

9. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I use facebook and find it hard to get on with , but did have an old friend that emigrated to NZ contact me thro it, was lovely to here from her, another few yrs and I might get the hang of it ! lol

10. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

wow!! thats sorta the badside i guess.. or maybe its a good side, i'm not sure.. but thats pretty serious poo .. did you ever meet up ??

11. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

ON facebook recently my real dad contacted me.............he has changed his name, got brain damage somehow, (not sure how much i actually believe here, he does live in a sort of fantasy world anyway) and is married to someone 3 times his junior in age. Not really bothered to be honest, and no i didnt wish him happy fathers day, i dont know him, im not conected and he has let me down so im not bothering.

12. kerrybramble

kerrybramble PetForums VIP

i met him when i was really little, but now he has moved away dont think i will ever see of him again, kinda sad but i have my dads step-dad who is my grandad in my eyes, he has been the one there for me so im not too bothered! my 'real' grandad stole loads of inheritance off my dad so my dad hates him! lol families!

13. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

Lol, tell me about it :rolleyes:

14. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I found my best friend from when I lived in Norway, we kept in touch via letters for about 5 years after i left, then after both of us moving we lost touch, Facebook was the only way for us to find each other again. It's great, we don't talk all the time, but we both mean alot to each other and it's so nice to be back in touch.

On another weird note, when i lived in the middle east turned out my friend from school, well her mum went to primary school with my mum, they hadn't seen each other since they left primary school. How small the world is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice