Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Something to talk about..

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Siamese Kelly, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Just out of interest , what made you fall in love with a particular breed/non breed above other animals/breeds?I was brought up with Dogs of all types but had a soft spot for cats because for me , i liked that they pleased themselves as opposed to just responding out of being loved and cared for(not to say that dogs do just this) and also their characters.Years ago we found we had been chosen by beautiful girl who had such intelligence and character that for us she rekindled our love affair with felines:)Then we rescued another kitt(Noodles) from a shed and a few wks later Our dearly departed Patch was brought to us on a temporary basis that was to last yrs, then some mad woman we know;) got a traditional Seal girl who then gave us our first Seal gal-Rosie and that was that!She blew us away, her character, her personality and of course her gorgeous looks,i'd never before seen or encountered any animal so unique and just when you think you have 1/2 fav colors...another gets in ya system:)Plus watching my Silver-back-Gorilla like oh go as soft a fluffy princess with them well thats just priceless:D

2. PoppyLily

PoppyLily PetForums Member

I have 3 bengals, 2 females and a male.
    Approx 3 years ago i had a BSH and she was my life, one night i let her out and she got run over. I was devasted. She was the type of cat that when i talked she listened etc.
    About 4 weeks later i was still really upset and someone just mentioning her name would set me off. Then my fiance came home with a picture of a male snow bengal. I had never seen anything so stunning! He had put a deposit down on him for me. He was absolutely gorge, we called him Alfie. He could never replace Boo but he could ease the pain. The day i brought him home i fell in love with him. He had fab markings and a lovely personality, everyone who met him loved him. When he was 18 months he went out and never came back. Once again i was devastated. It took a while but in the end i decided my life wasnt the same without a cat so i contacted the breeder, she had just had another litter so i got 2 girls, a snow and a brown spotted, Lily and Poppy.
    I have since rescued a male and i wouldnt be without any of them. I still hold out hope for Alfie, im sure that someone has got him as he is chipped and no one has reported a cat run over etc.
    So after i've told my life story the reason i love my breed is they have lovely personalities and stunning markings!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice