Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Something to freak you all out...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sequeena, Aug 11, 2009.

1. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Some of you may know that I suffer from hypermobility. It's a condition that varies from being able to dislocate your joints to being completely double jointed.

I suffer from it in my elbows and my knees.

This is what my legs look like...

[​IMG]

:laugh: It looks painful but it's not. My legs only hurt when I dislocate them and when the cold weather sets in (think that's my arthritis more than anything though).

Does anyone else have something 'weird' about them they would like to share? :001_tt2:

2. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Lol, TBH i was scared coming on to this thread, for that exact reason! :eek: That is pretty freaky.. Nope, id say im pretty normal :001_tt2: But my sister can do some funky things with her tounge!!

3. frags

frags PetForums VIP

my 4 year old suffers from hypermobility too, he doesnt pop out of joints as yet but he suffers the pain, he gets the worse in his knee's and feet although hasnt had an attack for some time so im hoping he is growing out of it. i am a slight sufferer and my legs bow backwards lol kids think my legs are gross!!

4. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Omg that's weird...no offence! :scared:

I'm not weird at all :rolleyes:

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Can she curl it? I've always wanted to do that. I can bend my lower lip though...okay that sounds odd without a picture but I'm not giving you one!! :001_tt2:

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Poor him :( and you! It's horrible to live with but as you say, when I don't have an attack it's brilliant :) I have to be careful when it's wet (not just raining, a wet floor etc) as there is a major risk that I will dislocate my knees again. I have been for physiotherapy and whilst I can do exercise to strengthen the muscles there's nothing else I can do :(

None taken ;)

7. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Well like her tip of her tounge like flips back and i cant explain it, its to weird! Lol

8. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

does having no brain count!!! probaly not LOL :D

so i have to say ME!! WEIRD!!! NEVER!!!! well maybe just a little bit :001_tt2:

9. frags

frags PetForums VIP

what age did yours start hun? we noticed my sons started at about 18 months old cos he would scream with pain in his legs, we could control it with pain relief, but on a couple of times he screamed for hours on end and was only at night times. i remember once it went to his feet and couldnt physicly stand up and everytime i tried to stand him up he fell to the floor in a heap!

its hard getting diagnosed, they wont actually say he has it but as i am hypermobile i know he has it.

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

You're probably the weirdest of the weird...There's a zoo cage somewhere with your name on it :rolleyes: :001_tt2: :laugh:

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I've had pain since I can remember but I was diagnosed with it when I was 17 after I first dislocated my knee.

Oh that's terrible, it must have been horrible to see him that way :(

12. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

OMG!! how did you know :eek:

DD been talking about me again :001_tt2: :smilewinkgrin:

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

She's terrible that girl I swear :001_tt2:

14. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

My friend has arthritis, she is only 15 bless her
    Also she has a wandering knee cap, it floats either down into her shin or up into her thigh, she has had like loads of operations to put it back:(
    Me ermmm I stay slim even though i eat more than your average person and my knee crunches when i get up from crouching position. it is sick :D

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Pity! I know how she feels :(
    Her knee sounds even weirder than mine lol

Haha lucky girl ;) My knees click all the time too...so does my elbow...my wrist...etc :laugh:

16. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I have hypermobility too, but my joints don't pop out. They do click however. When it's cold my knees get really sore. I often get sore elbows and wrists and it was actually the reason I purchased a different harness for Dixie because I can't deal with a pulling dog when my joints are sore!

Sometimes my knees are so sore that even after I take nurofen (the twice as fast ones) I still cannot sleep because ot the pain!

All of my joints click- toes, ankles, knees, hips (occasionally) back, shoulders (occasionally) elbows (usually the left) wrists fingers and neck. My oh doesn't mind if I click my fingers (sometimes I have to if they get uncomfortable) or my neck but my mum always shouted at me for doing it! Lol

x

17. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

I have something wrong with my bones/ joints as well - my neighs can be painful - especially when it is wet - it’s like pressure in my neighs if that makes sense.

the majority of my body clicks as well.

my jaw use to be very bad, it use to click all of them time.
    once i was coming back from Canada as i was away on holiday.
    i fell asleep on my bfs shoulder, he fell asleep too, but when i woke up i couldn't speak - i discovered that my jaw had popped out of the socket on one side :eek:

i had to force it back in, oh and it was painful :(

after a few years I discovered it wasn't normal to have a clicky jaw lol
    so i went to a special doc who deals with jaws etc.... - basically he said that i should stop clicking my jaw – don’t eat anything that is chewy - such as apples and steak (cry - i love steak) and the hardest thing i should eat is hard boiled pasta!!! :eek:

he also said I would get arthritis - i was 17 at the time, is wasn't what i wanted to hear :(

well i rarely click my jaw now - possibly once a month :)
    i try not to eat anything that puts a lot of pressure on to my jaw.

i have been to the doctors had x-rays etc.... and they say nothing is wrong with me!!! :eek:hmy:

my hands can be very soar as well - especially if it is very cold/ winter and i’m taking the dog out.

i wont take anything for them pain - i don’t want to get in a habit of taking medication.

I still haven’t been diagnosed with anything!

18. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

my knees grind and grate at times, espeially in the cold, although we are pretty sure thats a result of all the dance i did as a child, briliant for your muscles but rap for joints. luckily i stoped before they got too bad, my mate who did it with me is a lot worse and she stoped years before i did!!!

19. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

omg..i swear i get mentioned in every thread :rolleyes:

but me terrible never ever :eek:ut:

20. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I can dislocate my thumb on my right hand pretty easily without pain, freaks the kids out that does :D

Other than that, nothing else :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice