UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..if I chose my cat before my husband. In the case of "or the cat or me". I just think it´s the principle behind such a request. Why would anyone who loves you put you in such a situation in the first place? Well, I seem to have lost one more candidate:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
if thats how they feel they are really not worth it. my husband is really not a cat person cant stand cats hairs litter tray smells etc. but he was really upset when prince died because he knew how much he meant to me and how happy prince made me.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see it so clearly, it is insecurity and mental cruelty. Making someone give up something he/she loves so much. Din´t jump for joy at the not worth marrying part...but oh well.

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
I have to say that one of the first things I like to know about someone is if they like animals. If not, it really puts me off. I guess this is my downfall :rolleyes:

It's simple, really- if you want to love me and be in my life, then the animals HAVE to be a part of that. I wouldn't give any of my furries up for the sake of a relationship. I love them far too much!! If they don't understand that then tough (no wonder I'm single! :eek:)

·
Banned
19,241 Posts
..if I chose my cat before my husband. In the case of "or the cat or me". I just think it´s the principle behind such a request. Why would anyone who loves you put you in such a situation in the first place? Well, I seem to have lost one more candidate:D
My daughter ditched a boyfriend who was jealous of her cat. He had no chance if he couldn't love Dennis as much as she did.

I see it so clearly, it is insecurity and mental cruelty. Making someone give up something he/she loves so much. Din´t jump for joy at the not worth marrying part...but oh well.
Well perhaps you should have. To be honest, an awful lot of men don't really want you to part with the cat, they just want the control that comes with knowing that you would if he asked. My other daughter was told by her boyfriend that it was him or her horse. Needless to say, she chose the horse.

There are worse things than being "not worth marrying" my dear. After all they can always find a skivvy somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
My husband and I have an understanding! Our animals always come first. It doesn't mean we love each other any less than we love our pets but its matter of the pets cant help themselves. Both me and husband know what we want, when we want it and how to get it, with the animals they dont have that luxury they have to rely on us to do everything for them. They are our responsibility and quite frankly they are our children :D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Luckily my OH is just as crazy about cats as i am (although our 6 year anniversary is approaching and still no proposal! :glare:) but im quite happy with my cats & they will always come first :D

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
My first husband was allergic to cats so when we did decide to get married I made sure my Fluffy ( yes fluffy but she wasn't a long hair so go figure) could stay at my Dads house where she had lived for the first 6 years of her life...When she passed I never got another cat until I left my husband...

Funny story he came to pick up the kids and he saw our new kitty he said "you know I can't come back until the cat leaves"...my response "I'll always own a cat get the hint"

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
mine said it was him or the cat so i packed his suitcase. then went out and got the cat a play friend.
funny really as if he was still around i wouldnt have had any mc's which i adore.:)

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Men can be so pathetic!!! Men like this are really NOT worth it!!!! :eek:

It really annoys me actually - men need to realise that they are supposed to be able to take responsibility for everyone else in the family, be it a woman, child or pet!! :rolleyes::

Women can only love a man they can trust, and no man would ever win my heart with an attitude like that!! :rolleyes:

I often tell Jumpy he's my little man and will always come before any other man (that includes my Dad, too!!)

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
Putting in a good word for hubbys (because there are some good men out there) mine is lovely and I love the way he chats to the cats and cuddles them and helps me with them - he's a star! Took todays news well; mentioned a show neuter to him and he didn't baulk just took it all in his stride. He wouldn't ever ask me to choose. Though I do diss his dog at every moment possible. And I do love him dearly (hubby not the dog).

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Putting in a good word for hubbys (because there are some good men out there) mine is lovely and I love the way he chats to the cats and cuddles them and helps me with them - he's a star! Took todays news well; mentioned a show neuter to him and he didn't baulk just took it all in his stride. He wouldn't ever ask me to choose. Though I do diss his dog at every moment possible. And I do love him dearly (hubby not the dog).
Oh I'm not saying thy are all bad! Mine was the one that decided we would get Ruxpin so he's great but anyone who makes you chose is not for you.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.