Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Someone please make a decision for me

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by evie71, Apr 2, 2011.

1. evie71

evie71 PetForums Junior

Ok so Bella is 7 weeks old and been fed on Whiskas pouches, after studying the A-Z for days I have finally decided to try her on Animonda Carny kitten food........only problem I have deciding now is which ones :eek: too much choice there, I feel like a kid in a candy shop! haha. For the free delivery I need to spend £19 and I also have a 10% discount voucher so would need to spend about £21 assuming Im counting properly :confused: what if she doesnt like it? am I daft to buy loads to start off with? if she doesnt like it would it be worth mixing with her 3 million whiskas pouches to get her used to it? oh so many questions so sorry :rolleyes:

2. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

Well you will need to mix it with the whiskas to get her used to it so getting a few cans won't hurt. I started mine on chicken and duck and beef and lamb and they love it, I got the 6 x 400g one as it was better value for money. What flavour is the whiskas you are currently feeding, maybe try matching that to the flavours on zooplus.

Thats £13.20, why not get some cat litter as well if you are worried about spending too much on food?

3. evie71

evie71 PetForums Junior

She eats all flavours of whiskas, its maybe if the texture is different. The litter she uses just now is really good from pets at home so will stick with that for now. Never thought of getting something else other than food so going to get some toys for her too.........good thinking batman!! ;)

4. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

Mine love the two flavours I mentioned, and Im gonna pick up some other flavours when I order next. Mine are bottomless pits though so I am not the best for giving advice. Is the whiskas chunks in gravy? Mine eat pate, chunks in jelly, chunks in gravy, pate, dense pate, food from my plate, I think theyd eat me if I stood still long enough!

Which PAH litter do you use? I use Cats Best which I like but god it tracks everywheeeere.

5. evie71

evie71 PetForums Junior

She eats both jelly and gravy, not tried with pate yet. The litter is clean 'n' tidy kitten litter with herbal attractants, never get any smells or anything its great but she does love to throw it everywhere :nono: I think I will just bite the bullet and get a load of food and a laser toy for her, if she doesnt like the food then im sure my friends cat would like it :D
    zooplus will be loving me lol just bought a tree for her too which Im waiting on being delivered, I cant wait haha spoiled brat.

6. evie71

evie71 PetForums Junior

Result! I ordered 6 of each flavour of the kitten food and a laser pointer with replacement batteries, total £21.31
    Thanks for your help I'm useless at making decisions lol

7. evie71

evie71 PetForums Junior

Well I shouldnt have worried, the food arrived today so I tried Bella with the poultry one mixed with poultry whiskas........she left the whiskas!!! :D not sure how much to feed her tho, going to have to find a translation page I think :eek:

8. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

According to Animonda, here is what kittens are supposed to be eating of the carny - my inclination would be to feed pretty much what she wants (well, within reason)

Weight of cat *...........2. Months......3. Months.....5. Months.....> 5. Months
    3 kg............................90 g...............245 g..........250 g..............280 g
    5 kg...........................155 g..............290 g..........380 g..............425 g.
    7 kg...........................170 g..............355 g..........470 g..............490 g

* of grown cat - so basically whether you think your cat is going to be small, medium or big.

9. evie71

evie71 PetForums Junior

Thanks hobbs :) I pretty much feed her what she wants at the moment but worried she might be just being greedy :confused: she goes for her jab on tuesday and she is getting a quick check over and weight done too so the proof will be in the pudding so to speak :D

10. chesca13

chesca13 PetForums Member

Aww...good to hear, Rhubarb was the same i got some mixed it with her whiskers and from the first dish she left the whiskers so i just took the rest of the box to the vets to donate to CP. Noodles on the other hand doesnt seem to like it :confused: he has only been fed whiskers biscuits i have managed to get him onto the biscuits Rhubarb has but think im gonna have to find him another meat so looks like another trawl through the 'A to Z' for me.

There is a little bit near the bottom of the can that has a picture of a cat and how much for their weight i feed Rhubabr half a 400g can a day with some biscuits in between but now she's had her op she is getting a little belly so might be reducing it. Would be good to know how much others feed on that food.

11. evie71

evie71 PetForums Junior

I saw that diagram but couldnt quite work out what it meant cause im quite thick today :frown2: the A to Z is brilliant, I was like a kid in a sweet shop hehe.Im sure noodles will get there in the end but at least he wont be stealing Rhubarbs food :cool::

12. chesca13

Rhubarb is just over 3kg and 7 months and i feed her 200g plus a few biscuits so is that about right?? She has got a little belly but it hasn't gone out at the sides just down a bit(if that makes sence :confused:) but i have heard that can happen once they have been spayed, is that right??

13. chesca13

I know that thread is amazing.

I think im going to wait another week untill he is fully setteled on the biscuits(he had a bit of an upset tummy when we had him) then try again with the meat and take it from there, Yeah Rhubarb has only just got over the fact of him eating her biscuits :lol:

14. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Yes, that is right.

Kittens and food - always a balancing act I find. You don't want to feed too little because they need all the nutrients they get to lay the foundations for growth now and well-being later. On the other hand, you don't want to end up with a fat kitten with fatty deposits in organs and stuff. But the latter shouldn't really happen - they are usually pretty good self-regulating how much they eat and they should be bundles of fun, charging around the place and burning off the calories with their kitten antics.

15. chesca13

Thanks, always good to know your doing the right thing and yes there is no worry about her not burning off the calories and especially now with the addition of Noodles keeping her on her toes :lol:

16. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

I'm glad that Bella liked Animonda!
    Sometimes Ari eats a full can in 24 hours. I have to pay attention to what flavour is her favourite... it goes so fast that it's never around enough to be memorised.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice