Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Someone mistook me for being pregnant today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SeaThreePeeO, Jul 12, 2009.

1. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Okay, I will be the first to admit that I have put on some weight and I am no longer a svelte 20 something. But I didn't consider myself to be too badly overweight. I have a bit of a tummy, but what woman who has had two beautiful children hasn't?

Anyway whilst doing the weekly food shopping in the large Sainsburys saver centre in Calcot I bumped into and ex of mine (still friends) and we exchanged pleasantries. I introduced him to my youngest daughter as he hasn't met her before and he said.

'So you're up the duff again then.'

What could I say? I just answered 'No, I'm just fat.' :blushing:

Time to start dieting and taking the dog for longer walks I think

2. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

OMG :eek: We all know when we need to loose weight (for me all of the time, lol!), but don't need people telling us! At least you handled it ok, think I'd have run away (probably to buy some goodies in the food section to make me feel better, hehe!!) Life's too short to worry about a couple of extra pounds (but it would be nice if we could magic them away!) ;)

3. SeaThreePeeO

I know what you mean, I'm surprised I didn't go in there and buy a truck load of chocolate. DH is being unsympathetic and has bought a pizza for lunch!

I think it has got past the point of me excusing it as baby fat from my last pregnancy, my daughter is nearly 4! lol

4. Lumpy

Lumpy PetForums Senior

I've had that a couple of times - and I've never had children (and am far too old now) so can't use that as a reason for having a bit of a tummy :(

Once was in a pub. A complete stranger came up and asked me when my baby was due. I just said I wasn't pregnant but a bit overweight. What made it worst was that she didn't just leave it but thought I was joking and continued asking me questions about my impending baby. I was not impressed!!

The second time was about a month ago. I'm a mental health community worker and one of the clients commented on my pregnancy. I said I wasn't pregnant, was too old, and was just overweight. She then asked me why. I said I ate too much. Not what I wanted to say, but I had to remain professional. Grrrrrrrrr.

I tend to wear loose smocky type clothes as they are comfy. I was thinking of getting one printed with 'I'm not pregnant, just fat' on :):)

5. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

I'll admit i've been on the other end of this. A few years ago i asked a lady on the tube if she wanted to sit down as i really thought she was pregnant. She said no, & i said "are you sure - i don't mind", again the response was no. Then she looked down at her stomach - & sucked it in. Not sure who was more embarrassed.

My attitude to weight is that if you are happy with how you look, sod everyone else. SeaThreePeeO, the pizza for lunch was probably your DH saying that he doesn't mind how you look & that you shouldn't diet (unless you actually want to).

SeaThreePeeO likes this.
  6. SeaThreePeeO

I probably won't, I like my food too much lol. Trouble is DH has been pestering me about adding to the family. I want a puppy and he wants another baby.

Personally I think the puppy is a better bet.

7. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Well you don't have to wait 9 months + for a puppy nor do you have the agonising am i/ aren't i debates. Plus its not like he has to go through the pregnancy.

Go for the puppy!

8. animallover111

I agree def go for the puppy........:D :D

9. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Lol!! Don't blame you - a puppy is less work & more immediate fun! Just think - if you did get pregnant & saw your ex again, he'd just think you'd gone really obese - sure he wouldn't make the baby boob twice, lol!! :eek:hmy:

10. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Omg, i know this isnt that bad, but sometimes on the phone (because my voice hasnt broken yet, and im 14! :blushing:...) People sometimes mistake me for being my sister, once i had a full on convo with them, before they realised.... :eek:ut:

11. SeaThreePeeO

Oh dear! When I was younger and had short hair I was always mistaken for a boy (I didn't have much in the boob department then).

Sometimes I get mistaken for someone much younger. I cannot buy lottery tickets without ID. Once a doorstep seller came to my house and when I answered asked if my mum was there. I told the truth and said no. Quickest way I have ever got rid of someone at the door :D lol

12. Baby Bordie

Lol, same with these two people i know... her and her mum go out partying together, and the mum looks younger than the daughter, they get mistaken for sisters!!! I wish i looked a bit older, will never be able to get into clubs when im 16, Lol....

Especialy with this voice....;)

13. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Don't wish yourself too old too soon. When you get to your thirties, you'll be wishing you looked younger.

& don't you mean 18 to get into a club? :p

14. Baby Bordie

Haha, well was hoping to get in them when im 16, like my sister, but will have to wait until im 18! :(
    Not wishing myself older, but wishing myself taller, deeper voice... So i LOOK older... ;)

15. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

you should have punched him there and then and walked away lol

cheeky sod him

16. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

hey i had to wait untill i was 18, and it was better than been too young. at least it was all new and exciting to me, my friends thought it was all the same old crap :001_tt2:

17. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

I've had the pregnancy thing happen to me as well, it's so embarassing. :blushing:

I remember yearsago hubby and I asked a couple of older ladies to take our picture which they did, when the lady was giving the camera back she patted my tummy and wished us luck for the birth! I was afronted!

Mind you, it still never made me lose weight! :blushing:

18. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

My father went to the doctor recently for a chest complaint and whilst sounding his chest the doctor asked his due date! Lmao a doctor with a sense of humour!

19. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

I've had that happen to me more than once :) one friend patted my tummy and asked me whent he baby was due, I told her 6 months ago she was mortified. Someone else recently asked me and I said the same as you op I'm just fat lol :)

Time to start that diet which has made me think...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice