UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took some photos on our walk.

First the path were we walk everyday. This is were we always meet the shar pei's as you can see he can easily see anyone coming towards him. Just to thr right of the photo is the main road into Stoke so as you can see even though it is a nice grassy area its not a great place to free run dogs.

Round the corner on the path

We then crossed over the duel carriageway bridge past the incinerater and up to the canal towards the football ground.

Onto the towpath

Under the bridge

The reason my dogs are not allowed of their leads on the canal. This is the slip road to the duel carriageway

Angel

Amber

Under another bridge to the mariner

and back onto the road for the rest of the walk back through Stoke

We then walk through Stoke and join back onto the first path from the other end.

I know my dogs have extending leads on collars but they can get any harness off they don'tmake them to fit a whippet properly Angel just walks by my side and Amber knows how far she can go on the lead.

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
It looks a lovely walk - but like you say it's scarily close to the main road to have them off lead.
Amber seems to be enjoying watching life on the water :)

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It looks a lovely walk - but like you say it's scarily close to the main road to have them off lead.
Amber seems to be enjoying watching life on the water :)
She was watching something on the other side of the canal but I couldn't see anything. She did try to jumping a couple of times but I kept her lead short enough to stop her being able to go into the water the banks were too high I wouldn't have been able to get her out. We usually see some geese and ducks on the canal but they weren't around today maybe because there was quite a few boats around.

It takes us about an hour to do the walk the sign on the towpath says Stoke 1 1/3 miles so it is probable and 3 miles all the way round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.