Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Some people

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Freyja, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Some one who had a dog of me several years ago and then had another 2 years ago has asked me to have the dogs whilst he is away for a week starting tomorrow. I told him I would if Amber was out of season. She is but my boys are still after her I cann't risk putting her in with any of my boys. I also think Holly may be coming in season too.

He's just phoned he's asked his ex if she can have them but she wont he keeps phoning me trying to persuade me to have them. I've told him its not just a case of the bitches one of his dogs is an entire male my boys would attack him if they got near him. I'm saying no for the sake of his dogs not just mine.

If I went away my dogs would have to go into boarding kennels why can't he just put his in kennels.

I feel awfull telling him no but I'm not prepared to risk my dogs or his just so he can go away. He only gets in touch if he wants us to have the dogs and we knew he wanted somthing when he turned up on the doorstep last week. I told him them if the bitch was still in season then there was no way I could have them:cursing:

Ok rant over now

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Is there any reason he cant take them to boarding kennels?

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

No theres not . He says they have not had their boosters this year but they are only just due and he's not going until Sunday so he could take them to the vets tomorrow and they'll be ok to go to kennels he just thinks whippets shouldn't go into kennels but to be honest mine used to go and I've never had a problem with mine going. They may loose a little weight but they are both too fat anyway.

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I know breeders have responsibility for the animals they breed, but he sounds like hes taking the p!ss a bit.

Im assuming you do it free of charge?

5. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

He didn't give me anything last time I even had to feed them he didn't send any food.

I always say I will honour holidays with pups but he is taking the p**s now he has had the youngest for more than 2 years and I did explain I have 13 dogs in my house of my own and with 1 bitch in season and another possibly coming in season I have to think about the safety of both his and my dogs.

6. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

If he's away on holiday maybe he could have made it a holiday where dogs are allowed. Some people have such a cheek though. Doesn't even seem asif he gave you much notice either!

7. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

He gave us about 2 weeks notice and I did tell him at the time I wasn't 100% I could have them and to look at alternative arrangements as Amber was in season. He is actually going to visit his parents so I don't know why he couldn't take them with him.

What I haven't said is the male was a stud fee from one of my males but by the time he was 12 months old I had to rehome him as he started attacking his dad. He lives with an entire bitch so knows what a bitch in season is. So needless to say as I know he doesn't like his dad I am worried about him getting near him. His dad is now 7 1/2 and a bit senile so he wouldn't cope with his son.

8. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

What a cheek, not suprised he'd rather you looked after them for free than having to pay someone :rolleyes: I can't believe he didn't provide the food or even a thankyou present.

Perhaps he can't put them in kennels, if he's not had the KC vax done as most specify it must be done at least 14days before stay. Theres usually ways and means and he shouldn't of left it so late and relied on you when you made it clear it was definate.

9. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

There are kennels here that don't insist that they have the KC vac done mine only ever had it once and Owen ended up with pneumonia so I refuse to have it done to any of them again. If you just say you accept that it is not the kennels fault if they end up with KC then they will take the dogs.

He didn't phone back again last night so hopefully he's got the message and had sorted something else out. I would have had them if my bitch wasn't in season I can keep the boys apart but at the moment my boys have had to be seperated . The last time they came it was only for 2 nights so it wasn't too bad but for a whole week when I already have 2 boys going daft I would end up sleeping in the shed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice