Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Some people!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Classyellie, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I was out early this morning taking a walk with Harvs down to the market and carrying Pippa when I came across a Westie wondering around on his own. I had a good look for anyone close by and there was nobody. As it's unusual to see any dog off lead without their owner where I live I called him over. Luckily he was a friendly little chap and he had a tag on with his phone number. I rang the owner and she told me that she hadn't realised he had got out but to leave him and he'll go home in his own time! :eek::eek:

I don't carry a spare lead and there is no way I'd let Harvs off lead near a road plus I was carrying Pippa so there was no way in which I could take him home! Thankfully a couple I know walked past with their dog so between us we took him home - to the owner saying that we needn't have bothered! I can't say I wouldn't do it again, because I would! There is no way I could leave a dog unattended roaming around!

2. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

What is it with people today! :mad:
    Can no one look after their dogs!
    Poor little chap he could of been hit and that bloomin woman wouldn't of known or probably cared :cursing:
    I need to take a chill pill! :D

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

That is terrible! My eldest dog Candy is a bugger for getting out but I always know where she's gone. A quick trip to the butchers and she's sitting outside the door waiting for her daily treat :rolleyes:

If someone were to phone me and say they'd found Candy I'd be so grateful and round like a shot!

4. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Some people!
    Anything could have happened to the poor thing!
    You did the right thing in finding a way home for him!
    Some people need to look after their animals more!

Chloe x

5. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

:(I just don't understand the mentality of some people, they profouse to love there dogs, but don't ruddy:cursing: care if they are off wandering some where, i'd of been frantic if one of our girls had gone off missing, and would of been enterally gratefully for a phone call to say they were safe. then been round like a shot to collect them. Poor little Westie :eek:hmy:

6. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

ahh poor little thing, well done you on taking him home, but really sounds like owner doesnt deserve him.

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Awwh poor little dog.
    I found a dog once, but I knew who's he was, just didn;t know where she lived, so i managed to catch the dog adn rang her number she said ''oh thank goodness I've been looking for him everywhere, I'm just up by the phonebox'' so I had my dogs lead on him and went to meet her.
    he was a deaf jrt and had slipped out when the delivery guy had come. Course there was no point her shouting on him so she had just been asking everyone.

x

8. mickyb

mickyb PetForums Senior

With that attitude I would have called the 24 hour dog warden, they would have to pay then to get the poor thing back, maybe they would have said have him rehome. stupid people, poor dog deserves better.:confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice