UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A beautiful young cat was brought into the SAA today. When the lady signed her over, she admitted that she loved the kitten phase but now that the cat was 'getting old', she was becoming bored of her. The cat's 15 months old! :mad:

Not only that. Oh no, there's more...

She had the cheek of asking if we have any kittens in, as she'd quite like another :eek: Well, you can imagine our reaction to that. No, we most certainly do not have any kittens for somebody who sees them as so disposable!! :cursing:

We also had a woman last week who regarded the 20 week old kittens I showed her as 'too old' and 'too big'. What the hell do you want?! They don't stay tiny for long!! :eek:

There's no real point to this thread, really, other than venting my frustration. I can't believe what comes out of some people's gobs!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
She is A Muppet !

I personally am looking forward to my boys being fully grown cats :D but that's me! X

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Makes me so angry that does :mad:

An animal (unless in extreme circumstances) is for LIFE! You can't toss them aside on a whim :(

·
Riley
8,255 Posts
There should be some sort of ban list for this kind of person. However it would not stop them getting a kitten from somewhere and dumping it at a rescue!

Just thought could you not use her to foster kittens that will go onto new homes? Just a thought on how it could be her that's used?!

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes me so angry that does :mad:

An animal (unless in extreme circumstances) is for LIFE! You can't toss them aside on a whim :(
It's an absolute joke, isn't it?! Sadly, most of our animals seem to have been bought on a whim, and as such, brought in on one, too :( Some situations are unavoidable, but the majority of cases could, with a bit of time, have been worked around.

This is the side I don't like about working at the shelter :(

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
It's an absolute joke, isn't it?! Sadly, most of our animals seem to have been bought on a whim, and as such, brought in on one, too :( Some situations are unavoidable, but the majority of cases could, with a bit of time, have been worked around.

This is the side I don't like about working at the shelter :(
You have my complete respect for working there.

I'd either bring everything home or be banged up for decking irresponsible owners :mad:

This is why I have a direct debit to my shelter (I sponsor a cat pen) but I can't be more hands on, I couldnt handle that side of things.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Oh my word!

There's one thing having an idiot relise that they wrongly got a cat and admitting to the shelter their mistake but its another thing thinking that a shelter would then hand over another kitten. It shows that this women has no idea how unacceptable her attitude is that she would even think a shelter would find this ok. What a worry that these people are allowed out in public.

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There should be some sort of ban list for this kind of person. However it would not stop them getting a kitten from somewhere and dumping it at a rescue!

Just thought could you not use her to foster kittens that will go onto new homes? Just a thought on how it could be her that's used?!
We had considered the fostering thing- we're desperate for fosterers at the moment- but her attitude absolutely stunk!! Also, the cat she brought in is not in the best of health. She was riddled with fleas, and it looks as though she has worms, too :(

I do fear, though, as you do, that she will go to a BYB and get another kitten from there. Then we'll be left to pick up the pieces again.

·
Riley
8,255 Posts
We had considered the fostering thing- we're desperate for fosterers at the moment- but her attitude absolutely stunk!! Also, the cat she brought in is not in the best of health. She was riddled with fleas, and it looks as though she has worms, too :(

I do fear, though, as you do, that she will go to a BYB and get another kitten from there. Then we'll be left to pick up the pieces again.
how do these people sleep at night! Its not difficult to treat a cat for fleas and worms! Ok the fostering thing a no no then..

·
Registered
19 Posts
excuse me but WTF! When a animal matures into a loving adult shaped by the treatment of it as a youngster is the best part of a animals life, i love seeing my animals grow up, seeing them develop as a result of love and training some people are utterly insane!

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad that I wasn't there to receive this pathetic apology for a human being because my response to her would NOT have been conducive to good customer relations.

THIS would have been my reaction when she asked about the kittens:

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some mothers are the same, having endless babies as they love the baby stage.
Then scream at the "old" ones for being toddlers!!
This is true :mad: The only thing with human children is that they're not so easy to 'get rid of'. Clearly, this poor cat was regarded as a burden, and there was an easy enough solution :rolleyes:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bloody travesty :mad:

Bet they would not be breeding so well if they had to pay for their nappies themselves! :sneaky2:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hear hear! I hate the whole 'I want to have a baby!' thing - do you want to have a teenager? Babies grow up into children and then adults! It's the same as 'I want a puppy/kitten!' and not thinking about that being the same as a dog/cat :mad:

·
Banned
100 Posts
I like everyone here love my kitten, but at nine weeks he's a handful. I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks time when he's too big to squeeze himself under all of my furniture. I've only gotten my kitten and I can't imagine being apart from him. to raise a pet for 15 months and then give it away so easily. It's unthinkable in my eyes.

·
Registered
12,691 Posts
A beautiful young cat was brought into the SAA today. When the lady signed her over, she admitted that she loved the kitten phase but now that the cat was 'getting old', she was becoming bored of her. The cat's 15 months old! :mad:

Not only that. Oh no, there's more...

She had the cheek of asking if we have any kittens in, as she'd quite like another :eek: Well, you can imagine our reaction to that. No, we most certainly do not have any kittens for somebody who sees them as so disposable!! :cursing:

We also had a woman last week who regarded the 20 week old kittens I showed her as 'too old' and 'too big'. What the hell do you want?! They don't stay tiny for long!! :eek:

There's no real point to this thread, really, other than venting my frustration. I can't believe what comes out of some people's gobs!!
My boy (cat) is 15 now and I totally adore him just as much - if not more than - the day I picked him up aged 9 weeks. We get closer the longer we spend together. Who are these people...I would like to see them shot at dawn.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.