UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was picking up Jet's poo today, and a lady crossed over the road. She came up me and with a lovely smile said 'Thank you for doing that, I really mean it, thanks' and walked off again.
I never thought anyone would ever thank me for doing the poo thing, it's something we all have to do.
But it was nice all the same, made my day!

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
How nice is that? :) so nice that some can see not all dog owners are irresponsible. Well done for impressing a stranger and let's hope others are appreciative for those of us who do what's right.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Lovely lady :) I have variations to one woman saying " you have better picked up your dogs doings" which i immediately waved said poo bag in front of her ( was tempted to shove it in front of her face ) to a lovely old dear saying dont worry about that i will get it for you ( was outside her gate) I was like oh gosh not at all , bless her heart tho .

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Once when I was walking the very short distance (about 100yds) between my house and my mother's, my dog did a no 2 on someone's lawn. Unusually I didn't have a poo bag in my pocket. I knocked at the house and explained and said I would be back in 5 minutes to pick up. The lady was lovely and said not to worry, she would clean it up.
But there have also been occasions when people have yelled at me to "pick up your dogs$$$t when I have just been walking along the road with the dog.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
But there have also been occasions when people have yelled at me to "pick up your dogs$$$t when I have just been walking along the road with the dog.
Ohhh, that would not bring out a good side of me if someone did that. I'd proabably either go the route of expletives, or sarcasm by grabbing my poo bag and waving it right in their face! Would depend what mood I was in.

I had a woman thank me for clearing up once, too. I told her it would never occur to me not to.
There is a man here with a greyhound and he never cleans up. I've seen him 3 times now walking on after his dog has taken a dump, twice on my road :rolleyes:

I actually reported him to the local council for it, because Im sick of it, and of dogs being banned from places more and more because of people not cleaning up. Never heard back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.