Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Some Of My Royals... (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Reptile Photo Galleries' started by jackson, Aug 20, 2009.

1. jackson

jackson PetForums VIP

Cleaning out day today, so got some photos of some of my royals, and thought I'd post. For anyone who doesn't know, they are all the same snak (Royal Pythons) but just different colour/pattern morphs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kelseye

kelseye Banned

they are nice looking ... iwanted one but im still not sure about it yet.:) do you breed yours? i like the 5:00 pm snake lol

3. rottiesloveragdolls

:eek: Blimey Kirsty you gone mad pmsl nice pics, and nice to see you online ;)
    Hows my girl x

4. jackson

jackson PetForums VIP

Thankyou. I am breeding them, yes. Won't have any eggs until the end of this year/beginning of next though, although have some corn snake eggs 'cooking' at the moment.

The 5pm snake is a Mojave. :D

Royals are fab snakes, if you can cope with sporadic eating. Rarely bite or even try to, generally very placid. Too big to escape and get lost and fairly easy to keep.

:D Indi's (Golden Retriever) breeder told me to keep the snakes away from 'her' dogs.... :D

Molly is fab thanks. She is very interested in the snakes, so we have to keep her away from them. I think she'd like to eat them! She also likes the rats, but oddly, they seem to like her too.....

We have a kitten now, (just a Moggy, not another Raggy sadly) which Molly hated at first, but is now used to, although she keeps her firmly in check. She doesn't like any 'kitten nonsense'...

Give me half an hour and I'll pop some pictures of them in the cat section....

5. rottiesloveragdolls

:D Indi's (Golden Retriever) breeder told me to keep the snakes away from 'her' dogs.... :D

Molly is fab thanks. She is very interested in the snakes, so we have to keep her away from them. I think she'd like to eat them! She also likes the rats, but oddly, they seem to like her too.....

We have a kitten now, (just a Moggy, not another Raggy sadly) which Molly hated at first, but is now used to, although she keeps her firmly in check. She doesn't like any 'kitten nonsense'...

Give me half an hour and I'll pop some pictures of them in the cat section....[/QUOTE]

aww bless :) i look forward to seeing them later ;)

6. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

There amazing looking royals! Ive always wanted a spider! :eek: Lucky you!

7. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

WOW!! :001_wub: I am still looking into getting a snake......a corn snake to start with.
    I doubt i will get one for a while yet though :(

How big are you royals?
    x

8. jackson

jackson PetForums VIP

Thankyou.

I haven't got a spider though, not sure if you thought I had? Second pic down is a pinstripe.

Corns are brilliant, I've got a few of those too, but I have to admit to preferring the royals. Corns are good for beginners, as they're virtually indestructable. :D

My royals vary in size, from the smallest now 62g, who I took as a non feeder at 43g. (hatchlings are usually 60-80g) Here:

[​IMG]

To the big girl at the bottom in the first post. She is about 4 1/2 to 5ft and 2300g. That's about as big as most get, although I have heard of some female royals up to 5ft and 6KG!

9. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

The 6th pic down? That must be a spider? I have 2 corn snakes acacia! Great starter snakes, the problem with royals is some of them have problems with feeding, like my one!

10. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I would love a Royal but i think to start a Corn would be the best. I had no knowledge on snakes. And after talking to owners/sellers and doing reasearch i feel a Corn would be best.

My daughter loved the Milksnake in our aquarium (which is the place to go for snakes/other reptiles over here) i did too, but apparently for a virgin snake owner they suggested a corn!!

11. jackson

jackson PetForums VIP

Ah, sorry. It's a bumblebee, a spider x pastel. That one's a little girl, I have a boy too:

[​IMG]

My royals all feed really well. They do tend to not feed every time, or go long period sof time in between feeds, but I wouldn't class that as a problem, tbh. That's just what royals do. I know of someone who's male went 20 months without feeding, and managed to breed in that time, then just started eating again.... :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice