Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Some news!

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by ellenlouisepascoe, Mar 12, 2017.

1. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

I find it really hard posting recently as my laptop went to computer heaven and I find it difficult posting from my phone. All my tanks are doing great we do however have a new addition to the household.

Meet Ragnar my nephews betta! I decided to get him a pet so when he comes home from army leave he has something to look forward to coming home too. He's a marble dragon butterfly male betta.

He was posted to us and arrived with a damaged fin however plenty of water changes and care should hopefully put that right

20170309_180955.jpg

20170306_202215.jpg

20170305_094550.jpg

20170306_202235.jpg

My nephew adores him and spends hours in his room interacting with him. While he's away Ragnar will stay in my bedroom so I can keep a close eye on him

2. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

He looks beautiful. Your nephew mist be so pleased to have received him as a gift.

ellenlouisepascoe likes this.
  3. milliemouse

milliemouse PetForums Junior

He is absolutely stunning! Love bettas so much :)

4. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

Wow, he's a beauty! :)

5. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

He is gorgeous :)

How on earth do you post a fish? :eek:

6. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

I've had fish sent to me by post before - they use a 24-hour courier and package them in polystyrene containers with a heat pack. Seemed to work OK for mine :)

Ragnar is a handsome chap :)

7. ellenlouisepascoe

Thanks everyone. As @NaomiM says they come all wrapped up safe with their own little heat pack to keep them warm. I am loving having Betta's back in my life however my Betta Dovakhiin is very sick at the moment, I found him almost dead on Monday and extremely bloated so I rushed him into an epsom salt bath, he passed out a few times during it so I decided to move him back to fresh clean water and held him over an airstone which brought him too. I dosed his tank with Esha 2000 medication and some Indian Almost leaf extract and popped him up in a little container on the surface of the hospital tank so he didn't have to struggle to get air. Yesterday in the morning I wormed him gave him another half dose epsom salt bath and put him back into his floating hospital and when I got in yesterday evening he had pooped like there was no tomorrow, jumped from his floating hospital into the main tank and was swimming around fine albeit looking a tad rough and extremely skinny. I gave him another 100% water change and dosed him again with Esha and IAL and this morning he was swimming round his usual self apart from his fins are extremely clamped... I am thinking that just may be the stress ? His colour is back and he looks happy enough apart from the clamped fins ( tank is heated to 29c )

Lurcherlad and Sled dog hotel like this.
  8. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Sounds like you did a good job reviving him. Yes fins clamped is stress / not feeling well. Hopefully with some more tlc he will be back to normal soon.

9. ellenlouisepascoe

20170314_165817.jpg

Thank you it's the least he deserves love my little guy. This was him this morning he was literally 3 x the size of this and almost completely grey when I found him. He's at the top begging me for food every time I walk past his tank. He looks extremely skinny now he's passed all that waste so I think it was either worms or a bacterial infection.

Sled dog hotel and kittih like this.
  10. ellenlouisepascoe

IMG-20170315-WA0003.jpg

He's looking even better today!

11. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

Glad to hear he's doing well :)

12. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

I do love Betas they are so beautiful I'm sure your nephew will be thrilled. Glad the other little guy is doing much better now and on the mend too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice