UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eldest is having his friend to sleep tonight. He turned up at 10am and has had nothing to eat since! According to his mum all he will eat is take away chips and peperoni pizza (not supermarket ones it has to be takeaway)
I have made homemade choc chip cookies, fairy cakes and a spiced apple sponge, I made crispy jackets with a choice of mild chilli prawn mayo or cheese and beans and I was going to make spag bol for tea but I might aswell not bother! It looks like I'm going to be out of pocket and buy take away for tea when I havnt much money any way.
If he was mine he would eat or go hungry! I'm no chef but I make nice homely meals and good puds.
The words spoilt rotten spring to mind :rolleyes::

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Just feed him what you are feeding yours and be strong an happy about it :)

I run a company working with kids and to be honest I always listen to everyone regarding their kids but at the end of the day I have my own way, never had any complaints, the kids love coming to the group and they always end up fitting in nicely, this doesn't mean I suppress their creativity etc it just means that I hold the space and let them develop within it here is a video of one of the wonderful groups, this was choreographed by one of the students who was 17 at the time :)

C.U.E Performers Senior Dancers U Dance 2012 - YouTube

·
Registered
31,193 Posts
My eldest is having his friend to sleep tonight. He turned up at 10am and has had nothing to eat since! According to his mum all he will eat is take away chips and peperoni pizza (not supermarket ones it has to be takeaway)
I have made homemade choc chip cookies, fairy cakes and a spiced apple sponge, I made crispy jackets with a choice of mild chilli prawn mayo or cheese and beans and I was going to make spag bol for tea but I might aswell not bother! It looks like I'm going to be out of pocket and buy take away for tea when I havnt much money any way.
If he was mine he would eat or go hungry! I'm no chef but I make nice homely meals and good puds.
The words spoilt rotten spring to mind :rolleyes::
I think its very rude of his mother to say he could stay.I for one wouldn't fork out just to please him.
Maybe, he's only that bad with his mum?:(

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the spoilt brat would eat what was given him or go without if he was at mine ... either that or his stupid parents could cough up for the take-away
I was thinking of taking him home later just to have some tea. I don't like the thought of a kid in my care being hungry but what can I do! My kids wolfed there dinner down cos they know if they don't then they don't get anything else to eat till tea time! I'm not strict I just hate waste when there is so many people who go hungry

·
Super Moderator
29,641 Posts
I found this a lot when my children had friends for dinner, half of them seemed completely baffled when presented with home cooked meals. I'm stubborn though, so if they didn't eat it they went hungry & I'd explain to their parents why they were going home hungry.
Bit cheeky expecting someone to fork out for a takeaway because their child's a little diva at the dinner table:eek:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I think its very rude of his mother to say he could stay.I for one wouldn't fork out just to please him.
Often parents have no boundaries surrounding how much they will bend to ensure that their child is "happy" *cough* in control

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
I was thinking of taking him home later just to have some tea. I don't like the thought of a kid in my care being hungry but what can I do! My kids wolfed there dinner down cos they know if they don't then they don't get anything else to eat till tea time! I'm not strict I just hate waste when there is so many people who go hungry
If his mum was that worried about him, then SHE would bring him a takeaway!! I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to accommodate them!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope he hasn't eaten a thing! He wouldn't even have a cookie! I mean what normal kid doesn't like giant choc chip cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
29,641 Posts
Nope he hasn't eaten a thing! He wouldn't even have a cookie! I mean what normal kid doesn't like giant choc chip cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll have it please, could murder anything chocolatey right now!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found this a lot when my children had friends for dinner, half of them seemed completely baffled when presented with home cooked meals. I'm stubborn though, so if they didn't eat it they went hungry & I'd explain to their parents why they were going home hungry.
Bit cheeky expecting someone to fork out for a takeaway because their child's a little diva at the dinner table:eek:
Lol! He won't eat my dinner but he's just gone to the shop with his money and is now sat happily munching away in front of my kids who I can't afford to buy sweets for cos iv got to buy a takeaway!!!!!!!!
I don't think he will be sleeping again!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Lol! He won't eat my dinner but he's just gone to the shop with his money and is now sat happily munching away in front of my kids who I can't afford to buy sweets for cos iv got to buy a takeaway!!!!!!!!
I don't think he will be sleeping again!
tbh, i would send him home with a stern word to his mum - i would never send my kids somewhere with money if they didnt share it.

If i ever find that my daughter has had a takeaway at her mates i pay her mum for it; my kids barely eat takeaway so if she had home cooked meals elsewhere i know she will eat anything.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tbh, i would send him home with a stern word to his mum - i would never send my kids somewhere with money if they didnt share it.

If i ever find that my daughter has had a takeaway at her mates i pay her mum for it; my kids barely eat takeaway so if she had home cooked meals elsewhere i know she will eat anything.
That's how kids should be, my kids will eat anything! Alfie had his first taste of curry at 1 cooked by an indian friend of mine and it is now his fave food. I wouldn't let my kids stay out if they didn't eat I would hate to think of them being hungry

·
Registered
795 Posts
I really would not buy him takeaway if you weren't planning to.

He won't starve in a day. When I was a kid I remember trying lots of different things at friends houses because I was too shy to say I didn't like something. It never did me any harm and I actually discovered I like other foods.

Your food all sounds nice and normal. Spag bowl is after all meant to be the most eaten family meal in the country. Weird child!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really would not buy him takeaway if you weren't planning to.

He won't starve in a day. When I was a kid I remember trying lots of different things at friends houses because I was too shy to say I didn't like something. It never did me any harm and I actually discovered I like other foods.

Your food all sounds nice and normal. Spag bowl is after all meant to be the most eaten family meal in the country. Weird child!
I do feel a bit bad now tho lol he is a good kid just a bit odd :eek: Holly adores him and he's good with the younger kids its just hard when you know he must be hungry! Not now tho iv never seen a kid stuff his face with so many sweets! First sign of him being green around the gills and he's gone :rolleyes:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I know whos children will be healthier. I would not buy him a take-away, why should you change your lifestyle for a spoilt brat. #

feeding children crap is a form of neglect in my opinion. Im sure your child has friends who would appreciate an overnight stay with your yummy food.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.