Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Some advice please

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by amylou8, Aug 13, 2009.

1. amylou8

amylou8 PetForums Member

Right, I don't know how to explain this but I will give it a go!!

Mazie had an accident a few weeks ago she caught the bit above her paw (on her leg, not her dew claw but the pad bit below) we took her to the vets as it was bleeding and looked painful but they said there is nothing they can do apart from give her an antibiotic injection to stop infection.

It didn't really atatch itself properly but looked a lot better but now she has caught it again and it really doesn't look very nice to me. I think it is the scab which makes it look worse but it clearly isn't attaching.

Should I take her back to the vets? It doesn't seem to be causing her any bother but does bleed occasionally.

I hope you all understand which part I am talking about! I tried to find a picture on google but couldn't see any!!

#1 amylou8, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. ambercat

ambercat PetForums Senior

I would take her back to the vets, she may need a further course of antibiotics or some other treatment and only your vet can advise on that. :)

3. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

Yes, back to the vets I'd say.

4. amylou8

amylou8 PetForums Member

Ok thanks, think that seems the best thing to do. Will call them tonight and see what they say.

5. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

Maybe a little late since you already made up your mind, but I would go to the vet's too...
    He'll certainly be able to give you the proper advice.

6. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

Would the Vet not cover it to avoid it catching? This might help it re-attach as well.

Sharon
    x

7. amylou8

amylou8 PetForums Member

No, he said before there was no point in covering it as she would just rip it off!!

I called them last night and next available appointment is Monday but I must say it did look a lot better last night so I will keep a close eye on her over the weekend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice