Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Some advice please - urination problem

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Peachy, May 16, 2010.

1. Peachy

Peachy PetForums Newbie

We have a fully entire male rabbit, who is approx 2 years old, and lives in the house with us (although is caged unless we're at home - when he is allowed to run free in the same room as us). When in his cage he has recently started kicking out and spraying urine which as you can imagine is not over pleasant - and my concern is the embarrassment if he does it when we have guests over!!

Can anyone advise reasons why he might be doing this, and whether having him 'cut' might help...

Thanks!

2. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Having him neutered will definately help! lol.
    He is scent marking/spraying which is all to do with homones, is he getting growly or stroppy at all?
    The "cut" may not stop it 100% but it will stop most of it!

*Heidi*

3. Peachy

Peachy PetForums Newbie

No he's not grumpy at all, just started spraying, for apparently no reason. I assumed it was a scent marking thing, dont want to have him cut (is he too old at 2??) but if its the only way...

4. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

He's not too old at all, rescues do it to all the animals that go in, regardless of age, I think thats the only way you are going to solve it unfortunately. I have had both neutered and un-neutered. My neutered's dont spray at all, but the un-neutereds always did!

*Heidi*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice