Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Some adverts make me so mad - can't afford a fence!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mezzer, Sep 3, 2013.

1. mezzer

mezzer PetForums VIP

2. JessIncaFCR

JessIncaFCR PetForums VIP

This! ^ :mad:

3. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

'Lovely dog, shame to see him go'??

Sounds more like a car advert! :mad:

4. Karly82

Karly82 PetForums Junior

The ad concerns me but I'm more concerned about the other ads at the bottom!! Blooming Gumtree :mad:

5. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

That's absolutely ridiculous! Some dog owners don't even have a garden :eek: when Rossi was escaping I just brought a long lead for him and he stopped getting out...

Some people... :confused:

6. cbrookman

cbrookman PetForums VIP

I expect the novelty of owning a Snowdog for the kids has worn off now he has reached maturity and become harder to handle.
    (Why can't people see OUR and ARE are(or is it our ;)) different words

7. Cheryl89

This is so heartbreaking! I just can't believe it.

8. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

See what you mean - the one for the staffie x is particularly worrying - he lives with a cat and an elderly JRT, but needs a home with no other dogs or cats. What has happened that they aren't telling us.

9. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

I hate seeing this! My heart hurt bleeds for them! Unfortunately I am noticing a huge rise in husky's being re homed or in rescue centers :(

I had a little rant on facebook a few weeks ago saying that if , in all honesty you wanted a safe loving home for your beloved dog for whatever reason you would not resell!!

I would be taking mine to a breed specific shelter, no matter how far away it was or hunting down someone with experience of the breed to take mine under their care.

Someone commented back saying " Don't be stupid you would want to get back as much as you could from what you paid for them"
    No , No I wouldn't as long as they had a happy , healthy and loving home I would pay them to take my little man! :prrr:

10. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

FFS, don't even get me started!! First thing you are told before you get one assuming you get one from a breeder that's any good and actually cares, is that Sibes, are escapologists and capable of jumping a 6ft fence if they get the inclination and once they realise they can do it, it will become an ongoing problem.

Take the dog out on a lead to toilet if necessary, and ensure they have adequate exercise until you can afford one.

11. ellenlouisepascoe

But that means they would have to actually do something rather than expect their beautiful wolfy looking husky to snuggle into their lap, not chew their couch and not go after the cat down the street :lol:

Mine figured out he can clear my Mum's fence no problem, so when I take him round there I'm two steps behind him every second lol

12. ellenlouisepascoe

ps mezzer, love your signature! :D

13. Huskybob

Huskybob PetForums Member

Seems to be getting more common for people to treat dogs this way. If you liked your dog that much you wouldn't be selling him on gumtree, if he were so good a dog you'd do what you could to keep him. Take him out on a lead until you got a fence, do carboots, sell items you don't need, take overtime at work, stop smoking/drinking/paying for sky until you could afford the fence.

14. ChavasRegal

ChavasRegal PetForums Member

The incorrect use of the English language annoyed me nearly as much as the advert :(

15. missRV

missRV PetForums VIP

I've never understood people who can't get something as basic as our/are right.... was and where is another on... lend/borrow my gosh don't get me started!

Looks like the pretty snow dog did lose it's appeal to the 3 year old! Hopefully it's next owners deserve a dog!

16. IncaThePup

IncaThePup PetForums VIP

it's a throwaway society these days when we got family pets years ago they were for life like adopting a child..you didn't just get rid of them when life got a bit hard!

p.s I love Rosies bed at bottom in signature where did you get it from?

17. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

they cant afford a fence what a lame excuse that is .more like they cant control the dog and don't want it I hate adverts like that and they all seem to appear on Gumtree

18. bluesupero

bluesupero PetForums Member

So damn sad :mad:

Bet you anything they will have a new puppy within the next couple of months!

Then that poor thing will be advertised, Grrrr......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice