Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Solar Panels

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jenny armour, Jul 9, 2019.

1. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

Can anyone tell me who actually registers your solar panels when you have them installed. I had panels installed last year these were panels that I paid for, not ones that are installed for free?

2. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

Think as well as planning permission to have them installed you also need permission to connect to the national grid.

3. jenny armour

but does anyone know who is supposed to register the panels? I have had the panels since last April and have just found out that they have to be registered, isn't the company who installed them supposed to register them or at least let you know that they have to be registered

4. jenny armour

You don't need planning permission to have solar panels due to permitted development, am still interested who does the registering of solar panels. I am being sent a form to fill in regarding this

5. stuaz

stuaz PetForums VIP

What does the company who fitted them say?

This might be helpful: https://www.gov.uk/feed-in-tariffs

jenny armour likes this.
  6. jenny armour

Hi stuaz, I doubt it, I had to threaten to take them to court over the electrician they used to connect up my solar panels, he had doubled up the fuses on one of the existing fuses on my board, hence it was tripping my electricity. They said they would pay the work and new board which was done in September, I was eventually paid in February, giving my excuses that the cheque was in the post etc. I could phone the rep that sold me the plan in the first place, but last time I spoke to him he was only doing one day a week for the company, sounds to me like the company was naff

7. grumpy goby

grumpy goby Grumpy wench.

I
    I suspect that the installer needs to register it, to confirm certification of the installer and installation (ie like you would expect from a GasSafe installation registration to be completed by the certified/registered installer)

8. jenny armour

Had a look on the pack I got from the installer last night, and the covering letter says that I was live and connected up. Havent heard yet from the fuel company that I joined up recently who was sending me a form to fill in for registration

9. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Who are you with for the feed in tariff? Has that been sorted?

10. jenny armour

do you mean the company I have just gone over too?

11. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Not necessarily, it's the company that pays for the excess you deliver into the grid.

I've got the paperwork somewhere for my late step father's installation, I will dig it out and see if there is anything on the about registration.

12. jenny armour

Thank you for that. I now have a form to fill in regarding registration and cant make head nor tail of it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice