Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

soft crates

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by IncaThePup, Aug 23, 2013.

1. IncaThePup

IncaThePup PetForums VIP

JJ is getting too big for his crate..It was Inca's and though she's a bit bigger than him now she wasn't in her crate as long.

Due its weight its a struggle for me and if I ever had to go into hospital family would struggle to get it in car and into their places if he had to sleep there overnight...so I'm looking for a soft crate now for his adult size.

I've seen these which look good. I'm not sure if I'd need medium or large?

Maelson Soft Dog Kennel | Inner Wolf | Soft Dog Crate | Maelson Dog Crates

I like that it has a lock on the zip so dog can't open it from inside if it needed to be secured (if was used in car to transport him). I think its metal framed which I'm assuming makes it stronger and stop dog chewing corner.

I think all fabric would be too light. Inca has dog bag tent and once tried using that as crate and zipped up and she just rolled around room in it zipped up..lol! ..It's just used as a ball pool pit.

Any suggestions??

other one I liked was croft soft sunburst crate:

Soft dog crate -good value - 24ins Sunburst Soft Crate from Croft

that has tubular frame rather than metal so maybe lighter but still give it more structure than fabric only?..would it be light enough for him to be able to move it when he was zipped up inside? ..and would 24" be big enough?

Thanks

Kati

2. jesterjenn

jesterjenn PetForums Senior

I would say the first one looks and sounds the better one.

I've had a fabric crate before with plastic sides and it was awful! It broke within the first month of having it (the plastic frame snapped), and that was only used in the car.

3. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

The croft one i got for my PP girl and the zip has broken on the top and she could just scratch near the door while making her bed and it opens. A 24inswont be big enough my cavs use that size and its tight for the bigger ones

4. IncaThePup

IncaThePup PetForums VIP

ok thanks ..I looked at ones on Orvis but they were about £300 for a big one where the mesh/grill area slides up and into the 'roof' area which is too much and would probably be too heavy anyway as its looks more solid.

The inner wolf looks about the best for what I can afford.. what colour is anthracite?

it says black/tan but doesn't show pic I'm assuming tan is a brown
    grey or
    Anthracite ? ..is that the one that looks like a light green in the pic?

I can't find a damn tape measure either to measure Inca's crate as it needs to be slightly bigger than that size so no idea what size to go for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice