Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Soft crates for car

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Dimwit, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Dimwit

Dimwit PetForums VIP

After someone drove into the back of my car last week I now have a new car, and need to find some way to travel the dimwit. A crash safe crate is a little out of my price range right now, and having seen the damage to my previous car I don't want him in the boot of a hatchback without one.
    So it looks like the back seat is the best bet. I am not keen on harnesses (although I do have a Bergan) as, if the dimwit gets scared by anything I worry that he could panic and injure himself.
    Does anybody have any recommendations for soft crates that can be securely attached and will fit a small-ish dog?

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Why a soft crate rather than a wire or shipping-type? Soft crates are about the same price as wire (but not easily available second-hand like wire ones are), and I haven't found a soft crate yet that's escape-proof to a determined dog. The mesh on the sides or door is so easily ripped, and Flossie ate her way through the fabric side of one when it was in the caravan - daft pup ate the side adjacent to the wall so couldn't even escape through the hole she'd made. I have the soft crate I use for agility training now, I take 2 or 3 and swap between them. I seem to spend half my life repairing it.

3. Moobli

Moobli PetForums VIP

Look at secondhand crash tested car cages as they can be a fraction of the price of brand new.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice