Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So what would you have said?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by newfiesmum, Nov 25, 2012.

1. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I stayed in a hotel on Wednesday night, nothing posh just the Premier Inn type of place and the food was so bad I literally would not have given it to the dogs.

When we checked out, the receptionist asked if everything was ok and I replied: No, the food was crap.

When I told my colleagues on the course, they all said: You didn't really say that, did you?

Why so shocked? We all agreed the food was crap, so why not say so when asked?

So what would everyone on here have said when asked? I don't believe in being polite for politeness sake and if someone asks my opinion that is what they are going to get.

2. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

i did a couple of weeks ago,when i was kept up all night at a travelodge,by other guests,
    got half my money back frome them,i never pull,my punches

3. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

I would have said something too ... im not known for keeping my gob shut , lol

4. SidneyFrankie

SidneyFrankie PetForums Member

I would have complained also.

The pub I work in does food as well, if something is not good the kitchen staff would rather know and have a chance to improve, rather than unhappy customers telling all their friends how awful it is.

5. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Well I would not have waited until the morning to pass comment.

If the food was so bad that I could not eat it and not even given it to the dogs, I obviously would have left it and not paid for it.

Simple.

Plus most hotels have a "how did we do" questionnaire in the room or send you an email questionnaire.

6. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I would love to reply that I would have said the same, in reality I would most likely have said "everything was fine thanks" and gone off to moan about it to my oh :eek:

7. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

From what I can gather, the others all said that the food wasn't terribly good or some other such polite stuff when asked, whereas I actually said it was crap. I think that is what shocked them, though I can't think why.

8. Sussexplumber

Sussexplumber Banned

If the food was that bad, I`d have told them at the time it was served.

9. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

I would have complained when I first realised. There's little point in moaning to the receptionist. :confused: Hope you got a discount.

10. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Good for you! I'd of said the same tbh. You paid for a service that was crap, you have every right to say so. Call a spade a spade, people know exactly where they stand then, like it or not. Trouble is though, some people get crap food or service, smile and pay through gritted teeth then whinge about it later. Naaa, whinge about it now, life is too short and I'm too old to pussyfooting about lol.

11. metame

metame PetForums VIP

^^ this, minus the moaning to my oh as i lack that part.

#11 metame, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  12. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I did for the breakfast. At the dinner the night before I was a little bit shocked to be honest. Have stayed there before and the food was good, so that is what I was expecting.

At breakfast I was looking forward to the soft boiled eggs which were described as such on the menu, even asked the waiter if they were soft and they were rock hard.

I wasn't paying or I would certainly have demanded one.

13. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

Im always honest if the service somewhere is poor.

If you pay for something you should say if its not up to scratch. If they are a big company its not going to hurt anyones feelings and they should live up to a certain standard imo.

14. tinktinktinkerbell

im very much like you, i would say something

why wouldnt you, companies need to hear things things so they can improve

15. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

They sent me a survey to fill in when I got home. Thing is the food was just really badly cooked and seemed to be warmed up, which I think is the absolute worst. I don't want the cook to lose his or her job, but then they shouldn't be cooking if they can't cook.

16. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

^^^ This :eek:

If they gave me a questionaire to fill out, or sent me one, then I would put what I actually thought, but I just cant do it to people's faces :eek:

17. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Honest feedback is a gift for any business as this is the only way they can improve on the quality of the service they provide, however, sadly many employees don't realise this and look on the individual as a moaner or someone who is looking for discounts or similar.

18. Golgotha_tramp

Golgotha_tramp PetForums Senior

I would have complained at the time of serving and then when asked in checkout told them I had to complain at dinner/breakfast about the poor food.

TBH the receptionist asks as it's protocol and it will probably go nowhere, complaining to the serving staff will get back to the kitchen.

19. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

She did say she would tell the "chef". I thought it was more likely a cook from the local prison, than a chef, but I didn't say.:eek:

20. noogsy

noogsy PetForums VIP

im blunt.but i would have said if asked that the food was terrible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice