UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been in to town today, wanted a new dressing gown cos the one I have is worn out sitting typing on here all the time:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So are there no people left in this world that are size 12 to 14?, can only buy 10 to 12 or 14 to 16, discrimination it is, Ill either have to lose some weight or gain some:mad2::mad2:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i know, i found last time time i bought a new dressing gown!! 10-12 is on the small side, 14-16 swamps me!! luckily father christmas visited m&s last year and found me a 12-14 which fits just right! :D

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know, i found last time time i bought a new dressing gown!! 10-12 is on the small side, 14-16 swamps me!! luckily father christmas visited m&s last year and found me a 12-14 which fits just right! :D
Im off to look at M&S right now:D thanks

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm always having this trouble :rolleyes:

You'd think the buyers might have worked out that if they buy more of that size, their profits might rise :confused:
The shops I went in today dont even do that size, you either have to have one too small or too big:(:(:(

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Probably went like me and got too fat for size 12/14:D

In my defence though I have a medical condition:D

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
i havent been a 12 in years but i have noticed the lack of in between sizes recently. im a 16 but trying to find things to fit is a friggin nightmare. i only shop places i can get set sizes not the one size fits 2 things :)

·
Banned
3,379 Posts
I buy the biggest dressing gowns I can find.....does for those cold winter nights in the garden with the furkids.....always have a hood too....to keep my ears warm on cold nights. Im a chilly person that loves layers:D

·
We are all Ukraine
23,819 Posts
possibly Peacock? remember thay are ab it on the small side...so 14 is ok for nightgown if you are a 12...
or get one really big, big one ...for you and Alfie....:)
Scrip always weaves into my nightdress...poor baby ..cold when temps go under 25 C!

Bon Marche (no offence meant!) is on big side and 12 does the job and their nightdresses although tradicional..are warm...and pjs not that bad at all...(if you fan of good,old flannel in leopard print):001_cool:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
I was thinking this the other day. Then I think I found out why!

It used to be 8-10, 12-14, 16-18 and so on ... but if you notice there is a new size 6 being adding to the shelves!
So it is now 6-8, 10-12, 14-16, 18-20 and so on. Just to even it all out a bit :thumbsup:

I am riled by it because I am a 12 bottom half and 14 top half, so the 12-14 used to be great for me and most dressed with this double size were great, but now I have to get 10-12 and 14-16 and the difference is massive, so I look like a Im squeezed to death on the legs and being swamped on the top :rolleyes: dress sizes are a no go and I have to buy skirts and tops instead which make me feel old because thats what my Nan always wore, skirts and tops.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I was thinking this the other day. Then I think I found out why!

It used to be 8-10, 12-14, 16-18 and so on ... but if you notice there is a new size 6 being adding to the shelves!
So it is now 6-8, 10-12, 14-16, 18-20 and so on. Just to even it all out a bit :thumbsup:

I am riled by it because I am a 12 bottom half and 14 top half, so the 12-14 used to be great for me and most dressed with this double size were great, but now I have to get 10-12 and 14-16 and the difference is massive, so I look like a Im squeezed to death on the legs and being swamped on the top :rolleyes: dress sizes are a no go and I have to buy skirts and tops instead which make me feel old because thats what my Nan always wore, skirts and tops.
Wrap dresses are great for me with my mismatched top/bottom!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.