Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So upsetting :-(

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Happy_Life, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Happy_Life

Happy_Life PetForums Junior

I was just looking on an app where people are selling cats/kittens out of curiosity I guess and came across someone who is selling their pregnant cat! It says she has had kittens a “couple” of times and now is being sold to god knows who whilst pregnant again as they are off on holiday. The poor thing is 2!
    How can people do this :-(
    Is this something that can be reported to somebody or are people allowed to treat their animals as disposable like this?.

2. Arny

Arny PetForums VIP

They are sadly well within their rights, not matter how immoral.
    You could make the local rescue's aware (or get in touch with the owner and suggest they reach out to a rescue), although they won't buy animals to help they may be able to appeal to this person's better nature to relinquish their pet.

3. MrsClare

MrsClare PetForums Newbie

Oh no that’s sickening. What the hell is wrong with people.

4. Happy_Life

It’s made me feel so sad

They have more than likely sold kittens from previous litters to make money and then allowed her to get pregnant again and now are abandoning her for the price of £300 with a belly full of more babies ( The picture is just a close up of her tummy!)

Maybe my response if a little OTT but I feel so sad for this poor little thing, who knows what will happen to her and her little ones.

I think I’m going to give my cat an extra cuddle tonight knowing that she is spayed and very much loved.

X

5. Happy_Life

Ps I mention previous litters being sold as it seems they are very money motivated, even when attempting to abandon her they are using her being pregnant as a selling point for potential earnings for its new owner.

6. MrsClare

MrsClare PetForums Newbie

You only have to look at the dog breeding section of this forum to see how many people are cashing in on their pets during this pandemic. It’s so sad, animals deserve so much better.

7. Happy_Life

I didn’t realise that people did this (I know now that it’s a bit naive!)

A friends neighbour has recently moved and left their cat behind as it was no longer wanted, the poor thing has been going round the houses begging for food and has been going back to its old house waiting to be let in :-(.

I’m starting to see now how just how cruel people can be, it’s very sad x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice