Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So True for all of us on here

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by DaisyBluebell, Jun 28, 2020.

1. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

20200618_204555.jpg Saw this on my BWFB page

Bisbow, MilleD, Teddy-dog and 19 others like this.
  2. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

It's very true. We open ourselves up to the heartache we can be almost sure is going to be the final act.

3. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Absolutely right. This is always what I think of when, after losing a pet, I tell myself I can't cope with the grief of going through it ever again, then I compare it to the years of love, laughter and joy and another one comes into my life. :)

MilleD, margy, Lurcherlad and 5 others like this.
  4. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

That's from her book Bones Would Rain from the Sky. Highly recommend :)

MilleD, Cleo38, Sairy and 4 others like this.
  5. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

I love that quote, it is so true.

On another note I actually saw a dog funeral on the internet the other day! With open casket and everything. It was way too much for me. I mean I know we love our dogs like our family, but they aren't people and I think the least we can do for them is treat them as dogs.

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I couldn’t sacrifice the heartbreak for the beautiful memories and wonderful years they give me.
    Each one has a special place in my heart and my heart grows with each loss to make room for another.

My dear Dad had a Springer through his teens and early twenties. Dad’s constant companion at work and at home. His loss broke Dad’s heart. I was never allowed pets (and goodness knows I tried). His pic was in dad’s wallet til he died. I often wish Dad could have seen beyond the grief and enjoyed more wonderful companions.

MilleD and DaisyBluebell like this.
  7. margy

margy PetForums VIP

I remember feeling sad when I saw John Noakes crying on a television interview at the death of his beloved Shep. Also James Stewart talking about the loss of his dog in an interview with Micheal Parkinson. I still miss my Suzie every day, her sweet nature and gentle eyes. I feel privileged to have owned her.

8. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

It broke my heart when lily passed and I do worry about losing my boys. I can’t imagine my life without dogs though my life would seem so empty.

MilleD, margy, Sarah H and 2 others like this.
  9. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

The lovely thing about this forum is we ALL know exactly how each other feels about our beloved dogs (& cats & anything else probably).

MilleD, margy, Sarah H and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sairy

Sairy PetForums VIP

I love that quote. Must read her book.

Sarah H likes this.
  11. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

It broke our hearts when we lost our much loved Amber and later Dillon, but Dillon was so special the way he looked after me after I had my Strokes fetching OH when he thought I needed help or was unwell, I never knew how much a dog could be turned into how I was feeling, he seemed to know I needed help before I knew myself.

They both have left large holes in our hearts and at our age and health we just live with the pain not been able to have another little friend to help us though the pain.

MilleD, DaisyBluebell, Cleo38 and 2 others like this.
  12. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

My world fell apart when I had to say good bye to my Toby, the pain was unbearable & I miss him so much still. But he bought me so much happiness, we had so many laughs together & he changed my life. My heart breaks for everyone that loses a much loved pet, a woman at my IGP club lost her dog to DCM yesterday & I was devastated for her. He was like my Archer; lived life to the full, he loved his training, was such a happy boy ..... so young & so unexpected :(

But as painful as it is I can't imagine not having dogs now.

#12 Cleo38, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice