UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We booked to go on a walking Ghost Tour of Key West Old Town.
It started out really well, great group of people and the tour leader was brilliant :)

We are on the sidewalk next to the cemetary, Jay (the guide) is in the middle of a spooky story when CRASH!

D has collapsed on the ground beside me, whacking his head a good one as he landed :(

I actually thought he was fitting, as his lips were doing this really weird quiverry thing, and his eyes were wide open, but he was out cold.

Other people in the group came running over, and luckily one of them was a paramedic, he started coming round so she did some checks and asked him loads of questions until the ambulance arrived. He was only unconscious for a few minutes, but it felt like a lifetime!

I got to ride in the front of the ambulance - no sirens or lights, but did have a nice chat with Candy (the driver) about her dog - a daschund, who is gorgeous - yes I saw a photo too :D I think she was trying to make sure I kept calm, and it worked, bless her.

So we get to the ER, he had blood tests and an x-ray. Apart from a bump, and a cut that didnt even need stitches he is fine. They think he was a bit dehydrated and the heat got to him.

I can't tell you how relieved I am it was something so simple :scared:

When we got outside a cab had just pulled up to drop someone off, so I didn't even have to worry about getting a cab called for us.

So $1336.02 later I am sitting next to the pool with a large glass of wine (its just gone midnight here), and D has a bottle of water!

We're going to try the ghost tour again tomorrow night, and thank goodness I took out travel insurance :eek:

G

·
Bluudyhell, you are really getting to experience how the other half live, aren't you? Have to give him a little mini esky, and freeze your water, over night, then drink and tip a little on head, regularly. Or wet a hand towel regularly, and wear around his neck. You can offer a bit to any hot dog you see, too.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Oh no! Can't imagine how scary that would of been! Thank goodness there was someone on hand to help :( Despite first aid training I'd fall to bits if it was Jon or the boys!!

Glad he's ok now though and hope the rest of your jollybobs go to plan!

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
What a terrifying experience :eek:

I'm so glad D is OK..... Take it easy for a few days though x

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Oh my goodness..................... :scared: :scared: :scared:

What a terrible thing to happen. I am SO glad he's ok now but blimmin' eck love, what a way to put more wrinkles on yer mush!!!!! ;)

Mind you, it is D - we should be impressed he got this far into the holiday without anything untoward happening. :D

I think you both need a nice quiet day by the pool today and make sure he drinks PLENTY of water this time.

Hugs to both of you.

xxxx

·
Slave to the Hairy Hikers
12,358 Posts
You really gave me a fright there....
When I read your description I really thought he was having a heart attack or a brain haemorrhage. So lucky it was jsut dehydration.
Though that can be lethal, too, but at least the cure is simple enough.

Make sure you drink enough water and don't forget to eat enough salt, it helps you to retain water, and you lose a lot of salt when you sweat, too.

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
So glad to hear D is ok but what a fright for you! I hope the rest of your holiday goes off without a hitch and you get to relax after last night's events! Sending love and hugs your way!

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
:scared: You sound a lot calmer than I bet you really were!!

Very frightening for you both! Hope D is ok, and I hope you gave him a slap for scaring you (after you realised he was ok of course)!! :D

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Thank goodness he's fine hun, you must be so relieved.

Just for safety's sake I'm going to send Matron Moggybaby out to you with her fooking great syringe and her charming bedside manner :lol: :lol: :eek:

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Thank goodness he's fine hun, you must be so relieved.

Just for safety's sake I'm going to send Matron Moggybaby out to you with her fooking great syringe and her charming bedside manner :lol: :lol: :eek:
Nurse Mavis has already booked her flight and will be there by the end of the day.

No sacrifice is too great when it comes to me Hilda!!!!

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Blumin heck i can imagine how frightening that must have been,glad he's alright, i hope you dont have any more hiccups and enjoy the rest of your holidays :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
glad he's feeling better! i'm a bit of a fainter, and heat is one of the things that triggers it for me - i think it's worse for the people around you than it is for the person who faints!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.