UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry guys I just really need to offload, I don't even know if 'stressed' is the right word but I just want to sit and cry.

We had a new person start at work a few months ago and since she started work has jut been hell for me. She is in a higher position than me and now all my manager thinks is that I have a problem with people in her position at work because there were issues between me and one of her predecessors.

I don't have issues with them or their position and I wouldnt want their position, I'd just like them to do their ******* jobs properly (predecessor) and get their heads out their own arses (this one).

She's had problems with me from the start and she completely ignores me even though I'm trying to be as nice as pie to her. Then she goes running to the manager and making out like it's my problem with her. Last month I thought I was going to be in loads of trouble because she made a load of false allegations against me. Luckily, despite one of them being serious nothing has come of it so far (and I'm getting out of there soon).

I just can't take anymore of it and I have 3 shifts with here this week, one being a long day (so 15 hours) with her on Tuesday.

She comes in today and she's late, she just swans into handover and I say to her 'hi M' and she completely ignores me. After she comes and sits in the from room where I'm talking to the reflexologist, completely ignores me and starts talking to him. When she leaves the too
Even be commented on it and he's not one to do that.

She's really horrible to the others as well, like the other morning she wasn't ven on shift at ours she was next door but came round and had breakfast at outs then, R had just made himself a cup of tea and she said 'give me your tea' I told R not too, and she said she wanted it and she had to go so he gave it to her.

Yesterday she wasn't even on shift but she organised out whole day then precedeed to say we had to go and pick her up forcing one of our su's to go on 3 busses in the rain. Then when we got to where we were going she rang the SW who was in the room with the su who had gone on the bus to say he had to go and help her in because she couldn't walk in her dress.

Another prime example of her ignoring me was thursday, A and I were in the kitchen, I was by the fruit bowl A was at the other side of the kitchen and she leans in through the hatch ignores me saying hi and asks A to pass her an apple!

I passed her it and she didn't even say thank you.

This probably sounds stupid cause I can't give any more examples cause I'm on my iPod but it's just really getting to me, she keeps telling the manager I do all these things I don't do and trying to get me in trouble, he believes her over me because ( in his own words) I'm 'childish, moody and have an attitude problem'

Everyone has a problem with her but apart from being bossy she's fine with everyone else.

We even hav bank staff members who refuse to work with her :(

Unfortunatley I don't have that option.

And the only people she seems to have problems with are the White females in our place.

And the manager refuses to acknowledge the problem is with her even though she got transferred in for stirring shite at her other service :( he's just her little puppet doll

It's sh*t and I don't know if I can last the next 3 weeks

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Eugh she sounds like hard work! Try to ignore her and rise above it. If I was in your shoes I would find it hard not to blow up at her :eek:

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't believe you read it all :eek:
I can't promise I'm not gonna over Monday and Tuesday, I just don't know what to do because the managers not even supporting me, he's just taking her side all the time

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't not be nice. And I can't pull a sicky, I've never pulled one and I'd be worried I'd get caught out.

Plus if it's my manager on call not my deputy he'd make me go in anyway :/

·
Still missing my boys
42,311 Posts
I can't not be nice. And I can't pull a sicky, I've never pulled one and I'd be worried I'd get caught out.

Plus if it's my manager on call not my deputy he'd make me go in anyway :/
He couldn't make you go in.
If you are that stressed it really isn't worth it to you to go in when she is there if you are leaving anyway.
Let her and him see what it's like to cope for a change. You've put yourself out enough for that manager of yours and got no support, thanks or even decent renumeration for the illegal hours he has expected you to work :mad:

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
Do you work in care? (just sounds like it from post) Is the women deputy or something ....funnily enough my dep matron is a bitch too! i just keep my head down and get on with it just don't speak to her and try and let it go over your head if you can :)

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate ringing in sick though, even when I am sick :(

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you work in care? (just sounds like it from post) Is the women deputy or something ....funnily enough my dep matron is a bitch too! i just keep my head down and get on with it just don't speak to her and try and let it go over your head if you can :)
Yea and no she's a lead support worker.
I keep my head down but it's hard when people are ignoring you and then making **** up about you

It's just childish.

G

·
Can you ask the chap who noticed and commented, if he could support you, if need be? If you know what days she is on, can you invent a reason to request a shift swap with someone? I would try to always have a witness workmate with you, that you feel you can trust, and maybe smile and make a pont of being really nice to her, in front of witnesses, and when she ignores, or is rude to you, say, bewildered, "Why does she SO dislike me?" so they remember the incident. Keep a diary of the behaviour and time and date. If you can be nice in front of regular customers/clients you get on with, so they witness her behaviour and will defend you, and if it is only 3 weeks, maybe secretly think of it as a game, to encourage her to be rude to you, in front of witnesses. The more it happens, the more witnesses you have, about your experiences.

Above all, this is a human louse. View her as a fascinating study in behaviour. It has nothing to do with your worth, your work.

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have witnesses to how she treats me. I'm really worried she's gonna go running to the manager about us leaving early yesterday and blame me, R said today him and V would support me, but no one is helping me to her face, they all act really pally with her.

I could use her as a study I guess, being a psych grad that could work. It just really hurts.

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Apart from the fact I don't give advice, I'm not someone else, I'm me.

·
Banned
8,756 Posts
Text me your work number, ill phone in sick for you and tell them exactly why too!!

The b*tch :mad:

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
God how awful.. we have a new person at work thats turning out to be a right trouble maker.. she hasnt targeted me specifically but she has really caused a lot of stress to some of my other colleagues. It really makes the atmosphere rotten doesnt it?
You say this person is nasty to your other colleagues as well.. have you discussed it with any of them? Maybe you should all go and give your manager a kick up the backside and get him to do something about this stupid woman. For gawds sake work shouldn't be like a playground!

G

·
I don't really have any advice but I just wanted to say that I hope it gets sorted. I've had to work with a really horrible person before - it nearly drove my confidence down but thankfully I got out.

As Zayna says, it does make the atmosphere rotten.

·
Slave to the Hairy Hikers
12,358 Posts
Can't you try and make her show her true colours when the manager is around?
Just remember one thing: people who try to make others look bad are VERY insecure.
She is being bossy and nasty JUST to prevent you and your colleagues from doing the same to you, because she knows darn well what she has coming to her if the whole world isn't scared of her.

Maybe you should all pull together and form a front against her. She is just a nasty, worthless piece of sh1t and she knows it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.