Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So proud of my boy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by theevos5, May 6, 2011.

1. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

As you may know I have a beagle called Alf who is adorable;)he has had problems being offlead due to bad recall and he has been on a longline for around a year,his recall has been getting reilable during that time and he is whistle trained to come back and he has been getting better and better.Anyway,when I got to the park this morning I went to put his longline on and realised I had taken it out of my bag to fill up his treat bag:eek:so what do I do,do I leave him on his flexi,or take the chance?I took the chance and he was absolutely amazing,he came back when called he kept coming back to check in and get a treat,he had a great play without being tangled up,which some owners can be funny about,which I totally understand.He has always had the freedom on his line as it has not been held,but I feel thaat we have cracked it now,plus during the year my confidence has improved with him and I feel that it has given us the time to get the correct training done and he listens to me.I have been challenging him during training,in that when I see him on a sniff I have been whistling him to come and he is so good at it.I am so proud to bursting with him,I am getting compliments all the time about how good and obediant he is,and it makes me think how worth it,it has all been,I just thought that I would post a well done alf post instead of he's been a little git again post:D

2. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

Thats so good to hear,there is hope for Craven then.;)

To be fair to him he has just been off the lead,to play with his friends and came back when called,not straight away,but he did come back.

3. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

Alfie is like Craven,we always have his longline available so he can enjoy his freedom and use his energy up!I was so gutted when I realised that I had left it at home,especially because he saw all his doggie pals in the park and walked to heel without pulling,so his reward is normally his play,and for a moment I thoiught that he wasn't going to get his play and then decided to brave it.Its just so lovely to hear everyone complimenting him and us on how well he is doing,that said he was a nightmare,but we are being stopped daily,so must be doing something right!So yes there is definately hope for Craven:001_smile:

4. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Well done to you and Alf- I dont think theres anything better than seeing dogs running around off lead enjoying themselves:D

5. xhuskyloverx

xhuskyloverx PetForums VIP

Aww well done to Alf! and to you :D

Its lovely when people comment, I don't get it very often lol but it is lovely when people recognise the work you've put into them.

6. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

Thank you,I think because he was such a tearaway,the fact that he has calmed right down is so evident.He used to lunge with excitement,run to the end of the flexi and clunk my shoulder,had no doggie manners,everything that you wish for in a dog!lol!I could cuddle him forever for turning out to be such a beautiful boy:)

7. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Well done to you both :).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice