Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So proud of my boy today

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MrsGiggles, Oct 8, 2013.

1. MrsGiggles

MrsGiggles PetForums Senior

I can see a light at the end of the today,had a really good session with my dog trainer today,we had a off lead session and she made me hide behinde bushes and I had to shout him and every time he kept running to find me and every time we were walking or he kept sniffing things and I recalled him,he did,the trainer said iam doing really well and she can clearly see he has bonded to me and he sees me as his mommy,so this put a huge smile on my face,and we've made massive progress with is shyness towards other dogs,he now has a play friend and it was amazing to see him play,the trainer even noticed a huge change in is shyness today,also we've been having really bad separation axianty,he hated his crate with a passion,he would wine/bark/howl as soon as a set foot out the door and with the neighbour complaining it was making me even more agitated and probably making bernie worse,so the trainer gave me lots of tips and things to try and last week I pulled the crate to the kitchen door and let him roam in the kitchen,put lots of toys and I put treats in to paper bags and cardboard boxes and dotted them around the kitchen and it worked a treat,no barking/howling/whining,been doing it all last week and if he has made a noise it's been the last 5/10 mins and today they has been nothing,I've taped him every day and today they has been nothing,the only thing he did was lay down and sleep,I feel this is a huge step forward and very proud of my big bear! I may be able to go to the shops by Christmas :D they has been many times I've cried since I've had him and "I can't cope" moments and today it feels like I've turned a very small corner. So anyone who is having the same problems or having a few down days,it "does" get better and you will make progress .

A picture of a walk the other day

[​IMG]

2. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Congratulations and omg he is gorgeous I want to dog nap him :001_tongue:

3. MrsGiggles

Thank you and on a bad day,you can lol

4. Golden6

Golden6 PetForums Member

Yay! So glad to hear that things are getting better. It must be the week for it as I feel like things have turned a corner with Rosie!

I like you had so many, " I can't do this" moments but I feel so much better about it all now!

What a cutie pie, he is, who could resist that face! :D:D

5. MrsGiggles

So glad you've turned a corner too,I've had many melt downs over the weeks,an "iam gonna give him back to the breeder" even though I knew I wouldn't but I certainly had the thoughts,yeaaaaaaa for turning corners lol hope we won't be doing a u-turn anytime soon lol

6. Golden6

Golden6 PetForums Member

Lol! Me too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice