UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first had Meg she was very afraid of many things which, thankfully she has overcome.... but maybe a bit too much!

A couple of weeks ago she started to 'chase' cars, bikes, kids running etc, and it all started literally overnight.

I think its because I live opposite a field.... so its out the door, over the road and thats it, no traffic,
But because its been getting dark early I have been walking her on the streets and so she's encountered traffic, she seems to hate buses and big 'landrover' type cars most.

Anyhooo, for the last 4 days I've been saying a firm 'leave it' whilst holding her attention [and treat] and if she does 'leave it' she gets the treat and if she doesn't leave it she gets 'bad dog' and no treat.

Tonight she ignored every single car bus etc and I walked her for about half hour along a very busy/bus route road.

She did so well dont you think? :001_smile:

·
Still missing my boys
42,506 Posts
Muddy used to be fine with vehicles when he was a pup until the day he walked when they had their lights on :eek: :eek:

I think he thought they were eyes.
He started off terrified then he started trying to sort them out :eek:

That's when he was a pup though :D

Could that be the reason for yours?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Muddy used to be fine with vehicles when he was a pup until the day he walked when they had their lights on :eek: :eek:

I think he thought they were eyes.
He started off terrified then he started trying to sort them out :eek:

That's when he was a pup though :D

Could that be the reason for yours?
Hmmm, possibly? well with the cars maybe,
she has done that more as its turned dark and they have their lights on, but where bikes and people running by are concerned I just think its a strong chase instinct :(

I do hope it stops completely... and this is not just a good couple of days???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.