Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

so pleased with Candy

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Blitz, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I am not a 'showing person', I have never done ringcraft but do occasionally show at exemption/companion shows or at our local agricultural shows. It was the county show today, I was busy with horses so got some friends to look after the dogs and managed to fit in showing the 6 month pup in the poodle class. There were only 4 entries, all the others being probably 2 year old standard poodles. Candy really strutted her stuff, her action is lovely and her manners were impeccable. She stood on the table like a real show dog and really impressed the judge. We only came third but that was fine,all the other dogs were nice and she is very immature still. There was an any breed puppy class but I knew I wasnt going to manage to show her in that so had entered her in the poodle class knowing her age would go against her. All that mattered is that she showed so much presence and so much good manners that it is maybe a pity I dont show seriously!

2. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

well done, how about having a go at a local open show and see how you get on with her:)

3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I would love to show her as it is fun with a dog that enjoys it so much but unfortunately I live on an island so would have to be very keen and very rich to get to one. There are a few people that travel to shows but I am not in a position financially or time wise to do it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice