Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So not what we need :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mese, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

My next door neighbour (she's a lovely woman, loves my two maniacs almost as much as I do ) is having a large extension built onto her house ... I dont mind that , the workmen are lovely blokes too , very polite but like a joke ... so thats ok too
    whats gonna do my head in is that for the next 15 or so weeks theres going to be lots of large vehicles not only going past my house but also parking right outside it (I live right at the bottom of a dead end street so we get virtually no traffic at all normally except for when people are coming home from work) & lots of VERY loud banging and crashes (im also in the country so its usually very quiet too)

Short of taking both dogs up the fields ALL day (which they'd love but isnt practical) im stuck having two very excited dogs constantly jumping up at the windows barking at all the strange people and things outside
    letting them into the garden for a wee or just to play is a nightmare cos Toffee keeps launching himself at the fence so he can see whats going on and maybe get some attention which in turn winds up Gypsy , and she's the vocal one , she has an extremely high pitched yelpie-bark (I need a hands over the ears smiley here , lol) but I dont like to keep them penned up in the house all day except for when they are getting their walks , I usually have the front door open and they run in and out as they please ... now they are going nuts in the house all day cos it really isnt fair on the other neighbours getting deafened by Gypsy , and I really dont think the poor fence can take much more of a battering as Toff jumps up to be nosy ... and this is only day one of them starting work on the extension

Does anyone want one , ever so slightly , madwoman and two def nutty border collies as lodgers for 15 weeks :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aww no :(

maybe they'll get used to it after a while? Hopefully it's just the initial excitement of it all :eek:

Failing that, im sure tranquilisers won't be too expensive LOL :D

3. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Those Tranquilisers

they are for me .... yes :D :smilewinkgrin:

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I'd buy a whole batch and dish them out up the street and leave the dogs to it:D:D

Poor you, apart from lots of extra time out of the house, I've no ideas

5. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

I have no doubt they'll settle down once the novelty wears off , or is that just wishful thinking

Ive started to put Toffee on his longline when I let him into the garden now , at first he looked at me daft cos I just sat on the step with a book , but its worked ... he's learning that every time he jumps at the fence he gets reeled in and made to sit for a minute ... he's actually started to look at me to check if im paying attention before jumping up , its quite funny :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice