Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So much for a wee free house and a Sunday lie in

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kat1703, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

After a couple of blissful weeks of no accidents and thinking we may have cracked the problem - I woke up this morning only to find that one of them (I suspect Sybil) had done a great big widdle on our bed, right in between me and OH at about shoulder level, went through to our brand new mattress and everything. So, looks like they're banned from the bedroom again - and we were so enjoying being able to leave doors open upstairs :( :nonod:

2. SnazzyJazzy

SnazzyJazzy PetForums VIP

:( i had that problem with my howard before i got jazzy-socks howard and oscar didnt get along and so there were accidents all over the place but mostly on the bed, when we got jazzy it all stopped i think maybe she needed someone to play with.
    try squeezing some lemon and orange juice adding some water and spraying it on surfaces that you want them to avoid they seem to hate the smell :) hope this helps :)

3. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

Thanks - it's very frustrating. It's strange because it doesn't happen all the time just enough for us to feel like we're always on guard all the time! And always on soft furnishings :(

Going to try a hooded litter box to see if that makes a difference and will do a full clean of the litter boxes today - haven't done it for a month (use Nature Gold), so maybe that's it. Have tried the citrus thing before but of course my cats don't seem to mind it!

4. SnazzyJazzy

i hope that you find something that work the lol i remember it used to drive me ballistic, my fingers are crossed for you :)

5. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

I hope we figure it out soon too! OH was not happy this morning and I always feel vaguely responsible as it was my idea to get our kitties in the first place :( And he wasn't the one who woke up with their pyjama top soaked through with cat wee!

6. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

Just saw you're from the IOW - I went to school there (Ryde School) :)

7. SnazzyJazzy

i live in binstead lol in a bungalow that was originally rented on a no pet basis.... my poor landlady would go spare if she could see my living room lol she knows about the pets but thinks the ferrets are caged animal.......maggie is currently licking the condensation of my window and hannah is digging in her dig box throwing dirt everywhere......oscar is fast asleep jazzy is stalking maggie but not for long shel let him know his not wanted and howard is watching it all with long suffering patience :D

8. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Oh no back to square one!!! Hope you find a solution soon :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice