Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

So cross with myself

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lymorelynn, Jan 5, 2012.

1. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I have been so stupid :mad: Looking for a new Barbour coat for my DH I found a website calling itself Barbour outlet with all the right logos etc. The prices were good, offering a decent discount but not so cheap as to be worrying. So I ordered. It was only when a receipt for my payment came back from a third party payment system (there must be a name for that sort of place :confused:) that I began to worry.
    Payment will show on your card to .... some random Chinese company :mad:
    I clicked on the payment company link in the email and it's all in Chinese :mad: I would never have ordered had I thought for one minute that it wasn't a genuine UK based Barbour website and there was nothing on it to make me suspicious :frown2:
    I've emailed the place twice asking to cancel my order and for a refund. And I have emailed the payment site asking for an email too but so far no reply
    I feel so bl***y stupid :mad: At best I have bought a fake, at worst it is a scam and they have just taken my money :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Oh crap :( hope you get your money back try your cc card people they might be able to help.

3. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

Get in touch with trading standards and keep a very close eye on your account for payments going out or in (if your lucky ;))

4. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Call your internet banking provider and have an immediate 'STOP' put on the payment - it will take longer for the payment to go through because it will have to be exchanged into foreign currency so that will give you time to cancel but do it now.

5. lymorelynn

Staff Member

I've emailed the credit card company so hopefully they will be able to stop any strange transactions. I've also sent an email to Barbour themselves - wish I'd looked at their official website first :( They have a list of websites that they know to be fraudulent.
    Haven't told me DH yet :frown2:

6. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Oh grief Lynn, hope you get it sorted soon :(

If you still need a Barbour I can swear by this site, bought hubs one off them last christmas (2010) and they were fab, free delivery and very quick, even put up with me querying sizes (Mrs Fussy, me :eek:)

http://www.countryattire.com/

7. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

Cr@p I hope you get it sorted Lynn :(

My OH got me a Barbour coat for Christmas - well worth the money, and you dont need to tell DH til its sorted - which it will be :)

8. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I really hope you get it sorted.

Some of these sites are so clever and look really genuine - there are too many for trading standards and the genuine companies to keep up with.

Your credit card company may not be able to help as the payment went through paypal :(
    Not sure if anyones aware but the consumer credit act covers you between the merchant and the payment provider - by using a 3rd party i.e. Paypal to make the payment not paying direct paypal becomes the company who need to handle the dispute - and from what I've heard they are not that great to deal with.
    Personally I only use Paypal if there is no other alternative as I have little faith in paypal if I want to dispute a payment.

9. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

hope you get it sorted lynn , i can only suggest what others have said

10. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

There are distance selling regulations which entitle you to cancel within 7 days, but being a Chinese outfit, you may be unlucky there. If you paid by credit card, and if it was over £100, they should refund you. They would definitely be my first phone call. I think some of them will cover you if it is less that £100, I don't know.

But get on to them asap.

11. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awww i hope ya get it sorted hun watch ya bank closely cos my lil sister befor christmas used some site dont know with one and they cleaned her bank out :eek: she had to call her bank and the froud line and she only now got her money back she wasnt happy :skep: as it was her first time ever doing on line shopping :rolleyes:

12. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Only just saw thread, buggers! Id definately get in touch with trading standards also is a must is bank if you had any of your details, i dont use paypal that often, but from what i recollect they have your card info dont they, may be wise and cancel card with bank and set up a new account card info with paypal

#12 welshjet, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  13. la468

la468 Guest

Couldn't read and run. I hope you get it sorted. Definitely contact your bank and/or trading standards.

14. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

damn, are you able to empty that account before they do ? transfer funds online to one of your other accounts temporarily etc ? Im so sorry you got scammed.

15. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

im sure you'll get it sorted....

but what does DH stand for? the only thing i can think of is...dachshund? you wanted a barbour for your dog? darling half? daredevil half?

16. lymorelynn

Staff Member

Thanks for all the advice folks. I used a credit card which went through a third party payment site (not paypal - something like sage-pay if anyone's ever used that) so the company itself shouldn't have my details. I will be phoning the card company though to cancel the card and get them to send me a new one. I'm glad it's my card, not a joint one :eek:
    In the meantime I have had an email from the payment site offering apologies in very broken English and saying they will ship as soon as possible - I hope that means a refund
    Foxxy Cleopatra - DH is darling husband :)

17. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

The credit card company should be able to get your money back somehow if its fraud ? Maybe not for that one transaction cos you approved it, but if any more payments mysteriously dissapear from your card balance. Some schemes take a little out at a time ;)

18. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Cant you contact your bank and stop that payment being taken from them. That is really bad when they dont put down in advertisment that it is being sent to and from China...............not going to be original now, prob why they were so cheap. Hope they can sort it out for you soon though

19. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Sagepay is a very well known company, just like Paypal. If you got a reply in broken English, it was probably not from Sagepay. Ring your credit card company.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice